Postive Wife Support

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Postive Wife Support

Post by beachlion »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:57 am
Between tolerating and accepting, she still is nearer tolerating than accepting. BL
I suspect a LOT of guys in this forum would be tickled pink (or blue) to have a S.O. that tolerates. Accepting more oft seem to be friends; and the Endorsing woman is a rare wonder! Sounds like you've a pretty decent thing going and a good woman too.
I'm not complaining at all, just observing. My wife would be in a better position if she could step over her own shadow. It would be nice to discuss things together and have her involved with my designing of skirts.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Having some maintenance jobs to do around the house during our recent fine weather, I told my wife that I was going to put on a short denim skirt to which she'd previously objected quite strongly (about four inches above the knee, so nothing exceptional by the standards of the Café!). I explained that I didn't want to get another skirt dirty, and it would be easier for climbing up a stepladder. But also, I think I was trying to provoke her a little....

When I'd finished, I made some remark about the skirt, and she surprised me by replying that it was quite OK with her and I could wear it again. So it appears that seeing me in nothing but skirts, indoors and out, for ten weeks of lockdown and near-lockdown has shifted her perspective. She even took me skirted to visit a woman friend of hers at the weekend. The friend was curious but quite approving :-)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I've worn a skirt every day during lockdown but I still get moans from MOH occasionally which shows that frequency doesn't get a person used to the sight. I despair as she's the only one that I have to really convince and can't.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Cheer up, Dennis -- things are looking up in York. I'm informed that Roberto's Gelato has just reopened in Goodramgate, and I can feel the pull from here.
IMG-20200603-WA0001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtedbrit
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedbrit »

Going out for a walk yesterday in coldish and windy conditions I put on some trousers which brought on a huge laugh and 'What, you in trousers??? from my wife.
Good response?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Geron, I wouldn't know as I so rarely go into the town centre. When shops like Barnetts close down I think the writing is on the wall.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

Geron - I fear that ice cream looks like something other than ice cream!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Sinned wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:34 pm Geron, I wouldn't know as I so rarely go into the town centre. When shops like Barnetts close down I think the writing is on the wall.
Barnitts closed down? That certainly would be a blow. But according to the York Press, it's just about to reopen, though downsizing a bit because they're selling off a chunk at the back.

Note for those who don't know the city: Barnitts is a York institution, a long-established department store which occupies rambling and wonderfully undisciplined premises where you can find anything you could possibly want in household/garden/DIY items.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I had heard that Barnitts was closing and am glad that it's not. Many years ago a similar hardware shop closed - Stubbs, was it? Such losses are sad.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Sinned wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 am I had heard that Barnitts was closing and am glad that it's not. Many years ago a similar hardware shop closed - Stubbs, was it? Such losses are sad.
Very sad. Just a year ago, we lost an excellent local shop of the same kind five minutes' walk from where I live, and there's really nothing to replace it. In York you also have Pextons in the Bishopthorpe Road, which likewise deserves cherishing.
jamesy

Post by jamesy »

So things progress and my dear one is slowly becoming more accepting.

I bought a new elastic waisted black denim knee length skirt last week, have worn it a few times with no objection. She seems happy to go anywhere with me while I'm in a skirt and even with tights.

I have also been into a few boutiques wearing a skirt and asked to try on other skirts. Every sales assistant has been more than cooperative, one asked me to visit regularly in hope other guys might feel ok seeing me do so, and in hope other female customers might buy for, or bring their men.

I went on a week's vacation a couple of weeks ago and only took skirts, some quite vivid, white with patterns and wore them everywhere. Not a word said anywhere. Seems at least in South East Queensland and Northern NSW guys wearing skirts is a non event.

So over the two weeks since I've been back I've worn skirts to business meetings and again, with both males and females, nothing said.

I'm wondering how far I can push her without pushback.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Sounds great! If you look at Mark Mark's thread, there's some ideal business wear pictured! Get some smart court shoes if you can, and keep a spare pair of tights in your bag :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

jamesy, you'll soon know.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Or you could ask her ...
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

jamesy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:35 am So things progress and my dear one is slowly becoming more accepting.
........................ See above for entire post................
I'm wondering how far I can push her without pushback.
Danger, danger, Will Robinson!!!
be careful, there have been several accounts of cafe members , having accepting spouses. To a point, and then a sudden train wreck, blow up, melt down, crash and burn, you have the idea. I even have had bad experience with this.
My wife is totally anti skirts on men, she is somewhat accepting of kilts, or I thought. She was getting to the point of very little reaction to me wearing a kilt. I'm thinking I'm going to be be in the clear, maby time to try work skirts into the equation?. Before I got the chance, she had a big blow up about the kilts. Apparently I was wearing it a little too frequently to suit her.

Talk to her well in advance, and expect her to change her mind on a moment's notice. (Women have a gift for this,)
So take it slow, talk it through.

It's more complicated than this, but with my wife a large part is she is afraid one day I will Wake up and state I am no longer a man or no longer want to be a man.
Despite numerous reassurances, that I never would have that desire, she still has that as one of her fears.
She sees wearing a skirt as a gateway into transgenderism. I still don't know where they come up with that idea, should us husband's worry that our wives are destined to be men one day because they favor t shirts and jeans.

Again be cautious, and discuss your intentions with her, you don't want to loose what you got.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.