Suspender skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Suspender skirt

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 pm
Fred in Skirts wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:56 pmI like it except for the giant bow/belt that serves no real purpose that I can see.
That's for ornamentation and to further define the wearer's waist.
I find that dresses look better on me with a belt or sash and am not averse to bows and embellishment, so I'd wear either one of those.
Since I don't have a waist to define it would just look silly on me with the belt/bow. Being rotund I tend to look pregnant if I use a belt since it really shows off the "Jelly Belly". :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:03 pmSince I don't have a waist to define it would just look silly on me with the belt/bow. Being rotund I tend to look pregnant if I use a belt since it really shows off the "Jelly Belly". :lol:
This is a brilliant example of, "Know your body type and what looks work on it." We need to play to our strengths here so we don't look silly. (e.g. the "gorilla in a dress" syndrome)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have seen overall skirts. The top part is a bib with straps and snaps and the bottom is a skirt. It sort of resembled a romper, but looks like a good idea.
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:46 am That grey number Uncle Al posted... that's the ticket right there!

The others don't seem full enough... not enough flare.

But that grey one... yes!
Definitely the grey one. In this cooler weather in the U.K. I'd wear one of my fluffy petticoats underneath. Not only for insulation but to flare it out a bit!