Storage of skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Storage of skirts

Post by denimini »

SkirtsDad wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:06 am There should be 178 mini-skirts here. Each section is 60cm wide, so that's 3m of skirts, i.e. the same as you probably require. My other skirts, that are generally less susceptible to creasing, are stacked on shelves or in a drawer.
Yes, a similar number of minis but you certainly are more organised than I am. I have some in plastic bins with lids and some in another building 100 metres away. I do store them in categories; pleated, lightweight, denim, micro, etc. There is always the situation .......... "now where is that little green pleated denim micro".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

I store all mine folded up in bags tucked away in my lock up wardrobe. My wife knows about my black utility / punk kilts and isn't too bothered but doesn't know about some of the other stuff I have which I only wear when she's not around (she goes to visit friends and family in and around London fairly frequently for 2-3 weeks at a time). Especially not my petticoats...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Most of mine are stored on skirt hangers in my wardrobe but some of the larger/smaller waist ones are in a cardboard box somewhere known. But most of my skirts I never seem to get the opportunity to wear because of MOH's opposition. Every now and again I do try and wear one that I haven't worn before just to try and get her used to them. Whenever I buy a skirt I try and retain the hanger and the shop almost always comply.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

My wardrobe of some 40 kilts 160 skirts 25 skorts and NO dresses:

The big question what am I going to wear today - weather permitting ?

I guess I will have to post the 4 pix one at a time - - -
DSCskirt1R.jpg
DSCskirt3R.jpg
DSCskirt4R.jpg
DSCskirt5R.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by r.m.anderson on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

One more skirt - a Merry Widow with lacing all around - a pet project - trying to get the laces to stay put -
using paper clips for the moment while I figure is out:
DSCskirt2R.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

49149088611_7d0b06bb99_c.jpg
49149088301_0151111156_c.jpg
I have two drawers upstairs, the top one has my shorter knee length skirts, folded along with my slip and knee length petticoat.
The lower drawer holds my more casual tee's, sleeveless shirts, etc from the "women's" side.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

r.m.anderson wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 am Image
Ooooh... shielded electrical cabling.... fastened all nice and neat... fancy... :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

r.m.anderson wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 am My wardrobe of some 40 kilts 160 skirts 25 skorts and NO dresses:

The big question what am I going to wear today - weather permitting ?
Looks very well organised. That is a similar number of items that I am trying to store. At least you can see them all to choose one.
I have mainly mini skirts, a few short kilts, about 4 dresses and one skort.
moonshadow wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:27 am Ooooh... shielded electrical cabling.... fastened all nice and neat... fancy... :mrgreen:
I initially missed that - looking at the skirts. Yes, in that situation mine would be just flat cable held with clips.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

How many skirts can a person wear at any one time?
I don't even know any females who own these kinds of numbers.
Just asking.
Steve,
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:48 am How many skirts can a person wear at any one time?
I don't even know any females who own these kinds of numbers.
Just asking.
Steve,
How many CD's (compact disks) can you play at one time, yet we keep many because of variety.

We are just enthusiastic about skirts ....... and so many variables.

On my part; perhaps a bit of over-compensation of going without skirts for so much of my life ........ and over-enthusiasm after wearing them.
Early in my life I collected single cylinder tractors; the storage problems of skirts are insignificant in comparison.