Wet weather advantage

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wet weather advantage

Post by pelmut »

Not exactly because of the wet weather - in fact the complete opposite:  I took advantage of a day without rain to get on with a job that has been held up for quite a while.  It involved sawing a plank lengthways, which I find is most conveniently done outdoors on a metal frame which I keep next to the shed.  Rather than bother to set up clamps, I just sat on the plank to hold it firm as I sawed it; as the cut progressed I moved gradually backwards - until the inevitable happened as I went beyond the support arm of the frame, the plank tilted up and I slid gracefully backwards down it, straight into an old bucket that had filled with rainwater.

Now this is the real point: I was wearing a denim skirt which got drenched right across the back, but apart from when the cold water first came into contact with me, it didn't cause me any discomfort and I was able to carry on and finish the job.  I actually forgot that I had a huge sopping wet patch until I went in home later and accidentally sat on it.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

pelmut wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:50 pmI actually forgot that I had a huge sopping wet patch until I went in home later and accidentally sat on it.
Been here done that!! :censored: :boohoo: :rofl: :hide:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I knew they invented pants to ride horses but obviously not to straddle saw horses. I suppose the hem would prevent you sawing to close to errr..... yourself where pants would not.
Sounded like a sketch from Laurel and Hardy.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

denimini wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:38 am I knew they invented pants to ride horses but obviously not to straddle saw horses. I suppose the hem would prevent you sawing to close to errr..... yourself where pants would not.
Come to think of it, I was sitting partially side-saddle.
Sounded like a sketch from Laurel and Hardy.
It had that feel about it.  The traps I have come across in real life are even more far-fetched than the scenarios contrived for comedy films.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I have often seen how women benefit from the option of being able to wear boots and tights in wet weather. Tights dry off much faster than sopping wet trousers.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Stu wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:18 am I have often seen how women benefit from the option of being able to wear boots and tights in wet weather. Tights dry off much faster than sopping wet trousers.
Bare skin dries off quicker than any fabric!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Big and Bashful wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:32 pmBare skin dries off quicker than any fabric!
Perfectly true - but sometimes it's a bit cold to bare one's skin.

Or maybe that's because I am a soft Englishman. :lol:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I don't know about that, stu, your Scandinavian winters must be a lot colder than ours.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

skirtyscot wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:37 pm I don't know about that, stu, your Scandinavian winters must be a lot colder than ours.
They certainly used to be. A decade ago, we expected around minus 20 in winter where I live an it was not unusual to have metre of snow that would hang around until early April. So far this winter, it has not fallen below minus 2, and we have had zero snow. Is that the "global warming" they talk about? I don't know. But where I live, it does seem to be getting milder in winter.