Force of habit...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Force of habit...

Post by Tackleberry »

Bought a new skirt off of eBay the other and out of habit I got on “click and collect” until she pointed out I don’t have to do that anymore :oops: :oops:
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Force of habit...

Post by r.m.anderson »

Tackleberry wrote:Bought a new skirt off of eBay the other and out of habit I got on “click and collect” until she pointed out I don’t have to do that anymore :oops: :oops:
Curious ? ? ?

What is this “click and collect” ?

Something unique to UK buyers - Buy It Now ? - Place on Watch List ? - Add to Cart ? - Go to Payment ???
And why don't you have to do that anymore ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I think it is a way to indicate you will collect the product at the seller's location. As opposed to have it shipped to the buyer.

Now Tackleberry's secret is out, he will be able to receive the goods at home without a problem.

For the same reason I use the locker system of Amazon when I order something that I like to keep secret for my wife like a birthday or Christmas present.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Click and collect sends your package a designated local convenience store, or similar, and then sends your mobile a text when it is ready to collect. It means you don't need to wait at home for the delivery. Not every seller offers it. With returns you can usually take them back to the same store and a courier will collect it from there. The stores used are often open until 11pm which means greater flexibility than having it sent to a post office for collection as post offices a generally shut by 5:30pm.... the same time that most people typically finish work.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Thanks for the clarification.

Now I remember doing the same 30 - 40 years ago when something was too big for the letterbox. You could pick it up in a nearby cigaret- or magazineshop.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

We have "click and collect" in Australia but if I click on it it says it is not available to my area ........ fair enough. It is a good way to avoid high postage costs which often more than doubles the item price.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Our national supermarkets are now using this system with a delivery point in the car park to avoid the trip round the Isles for the weeks provisions....

We , in the U.K. , can now order provisions on line and wait for the Van to deliver a couple of trays of provisions to the door ...Extra charge Probably ... £ 5....

Very handy when the supermarket is 10 miles away . The bank and the hospital consultant are 25 miles away .

I live 200 feet above sea level ,on a peninsula with the sea on three sides of me . A 15 minute walk leads me to our beach for a swim .

The area was once described by a tourist as ...." A shanty town of timber buildings , with thatched roofs , inhabited by pirates and smugglers ....L.O.L.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Rob,
Is this the sort of swim you had in mind?
Surfer & the Skelligs.jpg
Telephoto shot opportunistic. Finian's Bay, Co. Kerry. Skelligs rocks offshore. Great Sk. 714 ft, 'little' Sk 440 ft. and there is a nautical mile of clear water between them.

Finian's Bay is not for children and beloved of surfers. 'Our' Ballinskelligs beach nearby faces East and is a safe place.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !