New men's skort company SKORTIFY

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

New men's skort company SKORTIFY

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Hey guys, there is a new company making a go at the male skort and hopefully skirts soon.

Skortify dot com.

They are just getting started. With one or two designs, then they hope to add more item's in the future!!

I got a skort and like it a lot, it's geared for athletes. As it's made out of athletic type stretch materials and has compression shorts. It is well made and very comfortable for a skort. I look forward to wearing it in the heat of next summer, and for bike rides.
Even if you are not interested in skorts. Consider promoting this company in some form. The only way men's skirts and skorts will take off, is if we support and promote the companies that are bold enough to sell them.
Last edited by mishawakaskirt on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
tnwheels

Re: New men's skort company SKORTIFY

Post by tnwheels »

They look pretty good. Which one did you get?
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

tnwheels wrote:They look pretty good. Which one did you get?
Good point, the Antlia design. At present, I think it is the only design available. The person I corresponded with sounds like they plan to expand the options very soon. I would recommend you contact them, if you have questions, and to see how soon they will add more products.

On a side note, I told the person at Skortify that I contacted about the café and sent a link to them.
They had not heard of us, but said that they would check us out.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

mishawakaskirt wrote:
tnwheels wrote:They look pretty good. Which one did you get?
Good point, the Antlia design. At present, I think it is the only design available. The person I corresponded with sounds like they plan to expand the options very soon. I would recommend you contact them, if you have questions, and to see how soon they will add more products.

On a side note, I told the person at Skortify that I contacted about the café and sent a link to them.
They had not heard of us, but said that they would check us out.

Upon Review:
Skortify is located in Akron Ohio a few miles south of Cleveland
Prices start at US $40 - they don't ship internationally (yet)
They seem to be pushing the skort as a marathon garment whereas with
women it is more of a tennis or sport garment.
Size charts would need to double check ones measurements against the chart.
No the inch measurements don't change but one has to realize that the
skort to fit at the waist must be able to pass over the larger hips.
Definitely confirm your personal specs for the best fit.

I like the idea of the interior underliner being a compression short HOWEVER
I prefer the women's shorter length (hidden) and a overall shorter garment length.
I like the aspect of the skort being "A" line in design for ease in movement rather
than a tight pencil skirt form.

All in all hope this is not another flash in the pan start-up and wish them well.
Hope they acknowledge the existence of the SkirtCafe - we scratch their back
a return favor is appreciated.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

do you have a link to company when I type in SKORTIFY.com it doesn't come yup
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

oldsalt1 wrote:do you have a link to company when I type in SKORTIFY.com it doesn't come yup
I went to https://www.skortify.com/ It works for me. I have written to them to say their size chart has inches and cm reversed on Garment Measurements.

Nice, but not at that price.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

found it thank you
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

For myself, I don't really see the attraction of the skort -- but if it becomes a 'gateway' garment that accustoms other people to seeing men in something that looks rather like a skirt, it deserves a welcome.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

To my eyes the longer leg length under the short skirt rules the garment out. The skirt part then just looks like an unnecessary apron attached to the compression shorts.

For me, in a skort, the skirt part should hide the shorts underneath.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yeah, the shorts rules the garment out for me too. I prefer a built in knicker rather than the long shorts. Otherwise it just seems like you wanted to wear a skirt but wanted to hide the fact with the shorts. So rather half way house for me. They might be a starting point for runners who want to get into wearing skirts, though. The patterns on the material are nice and I would wear those patterns.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

I AGREE on the excessively long length of the shorts portion but feel they did it this way to possibly appeal to more Main stream men who will wear those compression shorts for a workout but also want the modesty of covering their goods without a seam in the middle. Sort of more Hybrid style. My wife works as a fitness instructor in a small town gym that I also use regularly (2-3x weekly). any of the men who wear a compression garment do so underneath shorts. Typically these are the long basketball style shorts that go to the knees and that just doesnt work for me if I plan for squats, lunges or running. I like my freedom of movement. even with the nylon on nylon, there is still a restricted feeling of movement IMO. Same goes if I wear short running shorts over them. I still feel that restriction. I would likely go for a set of these if the shorts were about 2-3" shorter.

i do find it aggravating that women can wear compression leggings to workout and it is fully acceptable, yet men get looked at funny. How come they get to enjoy that un-restricted movement feeling without judgement and I dont? Maybe I just "feel" judged...
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

So not right.

I'll stick with my Livia skort, or if I remember correctly, a tennis/golf skort
tnwheels

Post by tnwheels »

I agree also these would be better if the shorts were shorter. I would still maybe consider these as a different option for running or walking. I am generally wearing a skirt when I arrive at my gym. I then change into what I am comfortable working out in. I sometimes wear compression shorts of that length when I work out. If I do I generally wear them by themselves. If I have a T-shirt on a couple of inches longer than my waist I feel fine with that. I will occasionally wear a pair of running shorts over them just for variety. That is how I would look at the skortify product also. It would be something I would not wear a lot but I could see throwing it into the rotation. They seem like they want to bring out a lot of pattern options maybe they would consider some short length options also if they receive enough requests.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I think it is one step backwards in comfort from a real skirt. However it is a step up in modesty from basic compression shorts.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

The skirt part looks great, but the leggings, ugh!! :shock: The idea of a skirt is to feel the lightness of the hem against your legs as opposed to shorts which get in the way of movement. To add long underpants defeats the object. Has anyone here contacted them to try to offer both?

For runners the skirt or inners need a pocket for keys etc?