New men's skort company SKORTIFY

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
FestivalGuy

Re: New men's skort company SKORTIFY

Post by FestivalGuy »

I messaged them on Insta or FB I think and they do not have plans for must the skirts at this time.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

With skorts you could do what is done with all non-conforming skirts (ah er I mean skorts) simply snip (scissors) out the inner liner panel shorts.
Now voila you have the skirt that you want.
In snipping out that inner liner panel just be sure you know what you are cutting out - you want that skirt to be airy and full of ventilation but
some types of ventilation leave much to be desired in the exposure department.
It is of course suggested that such adjustments be made while NOT wearing the garment ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

howardfh wrote:The skirt part looks great, but the leggings, ugh!! :shock: The idea of a skirt is to feel the lightness of the hem against your legs as opposed to shorts which get in the way of movement. To add long underpants defeats the object. Has anyone here contacted them to try to offer both?

For runners the skirt or inners need a pocket for keys etc?

For runners the skirt or inners need a pocket for keys etc.

LOOK :shock: :shock: at the website and view the other views of the skorts
note the side ways zipper pocket in the back of the skort
just below the waist band.
Suitable for keys plastic and paper money ID etc.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Seems the men’s skorts were made with extra-long shorts, no doubt to dilute the image of a man in a skirt. I do wear skorts, but none wIth the shorts longer than the skirt. If you want everyone to know you are wearing shorts, why bother with the skirt?
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skortify

Post by skortify »

Just wanted to stop in and thank everyone for the post and feedback, both positive and negative. To answer a few of the questions:

These were designed with more of an athletic purpose in mind. Thinking fun runs or 5K's. More for folks that might be a bit to modest for spandex, or that have chafing issues in shorts, or that just want something a little different. There is a back zipper pocket for keys, cash, ID, or even a small phone.

We compared the dimensions to many styles of 2-layer shorts and went through a few iterations to get the sizing right. They really should fit true to size according to the sizing chart, or similar to any standard Nike shorts.

Future designs options are rather limitless. As some have expressed, reducing the size of the inner short or expanding the skirt would the be easiest modifications to make. Additional pockets for sure, including one on the inner leg. And inclusion/exclusion of the liner isn't out of the question. We already tested an outer skirt with a polyester/spandex mix that would feel better against the thigh than the thinner 100% polyester currently used. Designs are sublimated printed, so we can do alot there such as getting into graphic art styles or what have you. Or screen printing a team/name/logo on the bottom of the inner short should be doable even in small batches.

Things are just getting started though, and expansion will be dictated by sales and interest. I’d encourage signing up for the e-mail list on the webpage, it will send a discount code automatically and not much after that. Mainly will be used to announce a Kickstarter sometime in 2020 to help fund the various alterations that everyone has suggested.

Thanks again for the post and your interest!
tnwheels

Post by tnwheels »

I tried this look at the gym this morning on the treadmill. I had on compression shorts a few inches above the knee and a gray running skirt over them. I was comfortable with that look. It was a little much having the compression shorts and the shorts that were built into the running skirt but that would not be an issue with the skortify. The skirt was gray so it didn’t stand out much. I am going to try it a few more times. If I continue to like it I may place an order. I had really never thought of longer shorts under a running skirt but it made it ok for the gym. Ordinarily I would never wear that skirt except on trails.
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

@skortify

Great first post and thanks for the response.Ill go sign up for now and keep an eye on the designs.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I actually get it. While not great looking the compression shorts skort works for a lot of men that want to to wear compression shorts for athletic use, but don’t feel comfortable showing the man bumps and humps. I get it. The shorts should be shorter though, that length is unnecessary as far as I’m concerned and doesn’t look as good.

I frequently wear compression shorts under my skirt at the gym. Of course mine are shorter than my skirt.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

lazerr wrote:I actually get it. While not great looking the compression shorts skort works for a lot of men that want to to wear compression shorts for athletic use, but don’t feel comfortable showing the man bumps and humps. I get it. The shorts should be shorter though, that length is unnecessary as far as I’m concerned and doesn’t look as good.

I frequently wear compression shorts under my skirt at the gym. Of course mine are shorter than my skirt.
xxx

Just simply look for the women's skort with compression pants and your quest is answered.
Compression shorts liners will almost in all cases be hidden unless doing extraordinary athletic activity i.e. hand stands somersaults etc.
Skorts with compression pants are normally found in athletic sporting goods stores more so than department stores.
And at any give time there are some 40k in various designs available on eBay.

Skorts the equivalent of wearing short shorts with a wrap around apron.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?