Why we wear skirts and how does it feel?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Why we wear skirts and how does it feel?

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I am sure we all have several reasons why we wear skirts and how we feel about it.

Reply?
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why we wear skirts and how does it feel?

Post by weeladdie18 »

in the warm summer days the traditional summer skirt is a delightfully comfortable garment to wear .
The garment protects the wearer from the elements without clinging to their legs .
Far more comfortable than shorts ....That is why I enjoy wearing summer skirts
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I wear skirts and dresses because they are so comfortable. I am comfortable in them as well. Men wore skirts long before pants were invented and it is time to reclaim our birthright.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

The feeling of wearing a skirt is that one may enjoy the thrill of wearing a different attire to the rest of the population .
One lassie informed me that although she was in a minority , she wore a skirt ..... " as she enjoyed being different ".
This feeling is a " personal thrill " or " buzz " from wearing a skirt .

The actual correct command of the English Language to describe to describe the " Feeling " is very complex.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Fred in Skirts wrote:I wear skirts and dresses because they are so comfortable. I am comfortable in them as well. Men wore skirts long before pants were invented and it is time to reclaim our birthright.
It is perhaps unfortunate that I was past my prime before I succeeded in...." Reclaiming my birth right "
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

I’ve worn skirts daily for six plus years. I’m a house & property skirt wearer, only. I don’t yet wear them to town. I’m considering attending some pride events in Atlanta this month, so I can wear my skirt in public. Im not sure if I’ll be able to or not, but I’d like to.

How does it feel? It feels great! About a year into my skirt wearing, I decided to start shaving my legs again. I’ve been hair free for about five years now. I got tired of daily shaving, so I purchased the in-home LumaRx IPL Pro, and I’m happily a smoothie from the neck down. There’s nothing like it!
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

Obviously the comfort. I like to look good too, and I am sure I look better in a skirt than in trousers. I have great legs which I keep hair free and unless it is very hot I wear tights. I also wear heels to accentuate the legs. It is great to go out on a breezy summer day with bare legs and a billowy skirt.
Freefrom

Post by Freefrom »

Why do I wear a Skirt? Seems to be the obvious and comfortable garment to wear.
Stylish and warm yet still allowing fresh air to circulate around the upper inside leg. Gentleman 'bits' evolved to be carried, cooler, outside of the human body. I like to believe that I am carrying on the good Lords air conditioned example in a socially modest way. It feels great, looks good and I like it.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

History
First I've always been a bit of a no-conformist.

Decades ago, at a conservative Christian wilderness group I worked with I was encouraged to buy thick wool pants for winter backpacking, even though they were "women's" and looked a bit feminine. I concluded that clothes are clothes and it's OK to not follow the labels. With my build, I have found that "women's" pants often fit me best.

I regularly got rashes and itching skin in the groin area. I first tried nylon feminine [unmentionable] as I suspected cotton was a culprit. I remembered my dad quit wearing cotton shirts and went to silk when he got my age for a similar reason. It helped.

Skirts
1)Then I tried skirts allowing free air movement, which has just about ended the rash problem.
2) General comfort.
3) A statement of sexual equality. My wife was severely condemned for going shirtless in hot weather just like I did. I will take a little social rejection to identify with this discrimination.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

I wear skirts for the same reason I wear shorts or pants - it's frowned upon to wear nothing but pantyhose from the waist down in public. :lol:
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

The vast majority of time I wear trousers as they are convenient, warm and have plenty of deep pockets.

But it's nice to have a choice occasionally - a different feel and different look, which is something females take for granted. I suppose it is also a small act of rebellion in an age where males are becoming the sex most likely to suffer discrimination in the modern world.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Why do I wear skirts?

Because I think they look cool. I like the way they hang off my hips and drape towards the floor. It strikes me as being very elegant. I also like feeling pretty and exploring the "forbidden fruit" of male femininity. I also find them to be fun, and I enjoy feeling truly unique among others.

How does it feel?
Physically they are comfortable, though some can be a little cumbersome on certain task. They are great to walk and/or hike in, or otherwise explore the countryside, however be aware, they are not very effective for tick control (for obvious reasons), as well as other situations, like running from a swarm of angry yellow jackets. Sitting is very comfortable.

Socially I admit I believe they have isolated me, or at least contributed to that isolation. I've lost friends, and basically lost family over it. Everyone is embarrassed to be seen with me so.... yeah. I underestimated how vain the people in my world are. I constantly struggle to retain any love for humanity on account of this. I hear of supportive people online, but sometimes I wonder if that's just one big internet hoax... some computer algorithm that just spits out support for various issues to keep people like me from killing ourselves.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hey, Moon, I ain't some algorithm spouting platitudes just to stroke your ego and lead you down the path to sin! Anyway, can you imagine a computer writing a sentence like that? You have my support in spirit at least even though I am thousands of miles away. Maybe one day my lottery ticket will come up and with £170,000,000 in the bank I can for once do as I please and come over and see ya. I wish. And I would come skirted or dressed.

I wear skirts for comfort, ventilation, I look cool in them and I like to screw with people's heads. I've always been non-conformist so it fits well with my personality.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I began wearing skirts following surgery because pants hurt. I liked them and continue to wear them and have a collection and enjoy shopping for skirts and trying them on. I am an outdoorsman and skirts are great for hiking. They are wonderful for driving as they don't bind up my groin area which is still sensitive because of scar tissue resulting from the operation a few years back. I totally enjoy wearing skirts for hiking. I wear skirts in my house and yard, and in restaurants, hotels, gas stations, stores. My skirts closely resemble shorts so are not very noticeable. I like the freedom, comfort, ventilation, and unlimited stride. If I have been out wearing pants or shorts, I quickly change as soon as I am home.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

For practicality and comfort ...For driving and sitting in a restaurant ; ...........I prefer a below the knee summer skirt with no pleats .
This style of skirt will not " ride up " and keeps the rear of the hem over the edge of the seat and allows me to keep my knees covered
to maintain my male modesty whilst seated....