Hiking Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Hiking Skirt

Postby jamodu » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Here's an article I discovered on wearing 'hiking' skirts for men...

https://www.adventurealan.com/why-would ... ing-skirt/
jamodu

Re: Hiking Skirt

Postby eightofnine » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:29 pm

I have one of them purple rain adventure skirts .They are nice skirts very comfy .
eightofnine

Postby Freedomforall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:03 pm

We have several of the Purple Rain skirts. It is a one woman show and we love supporting her. She has a great product and is a super nice lady.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Postby melsav » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:48 am

Wish I had known about hiking skirts/kilts in the early 2000 when I was hiking in the Cederburg mountains, in December, in early 40deg C +. I would have been much more comfortable.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Postby FestivalGuy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:37 pm

I have a Mountain Hardware Hiking Kilt that is pretty awesome but a bit long for my liking. a few months ago I bought an REI hiking skirt from the Ladies side of the aisle. It both looks nice and is a perfect fit.
FestivalGuy

Postby trdrl92 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Looks like I now have a reason to try this “hiking” thing everyone has been talking about lately. I can finally tell my shorts to take a hike. Ohhhh, now I get it!!!
trdrl92

Postby lazerr » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 pm

I too find the purple rain kilt skirt especially great in the summer. It is so light, yet not see through. Now, supposedly they do take custom sizes, which I am tempted to try with the black. Currently I have both a kilt and a skirt. BTW, the kilt is really only different from the skirt because of the panel across the front, but the skirt version is a bit lighter.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Postby beachlion » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Hiking was the first use of a skirt for me. The comfort, the ventilation and freedom of movement were the reasons I expanded the use to the house and later to the whole wide world. My avatar is from the hiking period.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Freedomforall » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:01 am

lazerr wrote:I too find the purple rain kilt skirt especially great in the summer. It is so light, yet not see through. Now, supposedly they do take custom sizes, which I am tempted to try with the black. Currently I have both a kilt and a skirt. BTW, the kilt is really only different from the skirt because of the panel across the front, but the skirt version is a bit lighter.

I prefer the skirt version.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men