Skirts in front of alot of people

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
User avatar
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Southeast Corner of Aiken County, SC USA

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Someone should invent a device for picking up golf balls. Sort of like tongs with two ice cream scoops but able to retrieve the ball from the cup. It would be good for bending over to pick up the ball whether you are wearing a skirt or just have difficulty bending over. It could fit on a cart.
There are such items already on the market. Check Google and amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.com/PrideSports-Golf ... B07VB4DYJZ

https://www.ebay.com/b/Golf-Ball-Pick-U ... bn_7272847] https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5320 ... 36&toolid=
Fred :kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."


"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951

deserttinker
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:00 am

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by deserttinker »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Someone should invent a device for picking up golf balls. Sort of like tongs with two ice cream scoops but able to retrieve the ball from the cup. It would be good for bending over to pick up the ball whether you are wearing a skirt or just have difficulty bending over. It could fit on a cart.
There’s even a device https://teepalllc.com/ that sets the tee and ball from a standing position.

User avatar
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by beachlion »

I don't play golf so I have no idea how capable you have to be to take a swing at those golfballs. But if you are not capable to bend over to pick up a ball or place it on a pin, how can you still be in a good shape to play golf? ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by Gusto10 »

beachlion wrote:I don't play golf so I have no idea how capable you have to be to take a swing at those golfballs. But if you are not capable to bend over to pick up a ball or place it on a pin, how can you still be in a good shape to play golf? ;)
Well, putting the ball on the pin instead of on the tee, is an interesting concept. Normally you take the pin ( about 6" tall) out of the hole, prior to holing out. When on the teebox you put the ball on the tee (little wooden or plastic peg) and drive the ball so it will have a carry of 200 yards or more save a hook or so. The ball will, if things go right land in the fairway for another swing in the direction of the green where you will find the the pin placed somewhere indicating the position of the pin.

User avatar
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by beachlion »

Gusto10 wrote:
beachlion wrote:I don't play golf so I have no idea how capable you have to be to take a swing at those golfballs. But if you are not capable to bend over to pick up a ball or place it on a pin, how can you still be in a good shape to play golf? ;)
Well, putting the ball on the pin instead of on the tee, is an interesting concept. Normally you take the pin ( about 6" tall) out of the hole, prior to holing out. When on the teebox you put the ball on the tee (little wooden or plastic peg) and drive the ball so it will have a carry of 200 yards or more save a hook or so. The ball will, if things go right land in the fairway for another swing in the direction of the green where you will find the the pin placed somewhere indicating the position of the pin.
At least it proves I don't play golf. ;)

A few month ago I could collect about 25 golfballs from the beach at Sandy Hook, NJ. I still don't know why so many balls were beached over a stretch of just a few miles.
P1010435q.jpg
If somebody is interested, they are free to pick up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

rivegauche
Active Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by rivegauche »

Beach Lion - most of these golf balls look alike. I suspect one individual with lots of money was practising drives on the beach. Pollution. Glad you picked them up.

User avatar
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Bloomington MN USA

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by r.m.anderson »

Those golf balls - note the marking RANGE - these are balls used at a golf driving (range) areas -
good looking but cheaply made with none of the characteristics of Titlest Callaway etc. for carry distance control.
Great when you need an expendable ball instead of one of the expensive ones - like a drive over a water hazard.
Some of those balls are marked FLOATER - they don't carry much distance but if you ker-plunk in the water well
as marked these float to be recovered instead of giving Davy Jones balls to play with.

These balls are not for official tournament use - just practice that is ahem not perfect.

The safety green (yellow) ball is legal although white is the official color and the yellow balls go no further than the whites.

So do you have the balls to play golf while skirted skorted or whatever fancyment of unbifurcation ?
And NO you may not play from the ladies (red) tees - but I'll allow the seniors (yellows) - all the rest play from the whites -
and if you know more of golf than I do then it's the blue or black (back) tees for you.

Mark Twain - "Golf is a good walk spoiled !"
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !

User avatar
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2228
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by oldsalt1 »

I would think the last photos show that I actually play skirted or skorted

I always play from the whites. My drives are pretty decent . I can usually reach most greens with my second shot. Let me restate that I have the distance to reach the green on most second shots. Accuracy is a different thing. Like I said before I believe in getting my moneys worth its amazing how many shots you can waste in that last hundred or so yards.

User avatar
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by JeffB1959 »

Hmm! I’ve never golfed before, but I’d be willing to give it a try, mainly for the chance to wear a cute skirt or skort! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.

jjjjohanne
Active Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by jjjjohanne »

The most people I have ever worn a skirt in front of was at the airport. I flew through a large airport. I put on a skirt after I flew into that airport. I had to walk a long distance down the concourse. A lot of planes must have arrived because I think I walked past one or two thousand people. This was on my first trip flying in a skirt. I was very self-conscious. I felt like almost everyone of those people looked at me.

But, I did it.

I've done it several times since then. It was better every other time. I was even complimented once. I am much more confident these days.

Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by Gusto10 »

:thumright: :thumleft:
jjjjohanne wrote:The most people I have ever worn a skirt in front of was at the airport. I flew through a large airport. I put on a skirt after I flew into that airport. I had to walk a long distance down the concourse. A lot of planes must have arrived because I think I walked past one or two thousand people. This was on my first trip flying in a skirt. I was very self-conscious. I felt like almost everyone of those people looked at me.

But, I did it.

I've done it several times since then. It was better every other time. I was even complimented once. I am much more confident these days.
well done

User avatar
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by beachlion »

Today I wore a skirt in front of about 1000 to 2000 people. At two different places in Philadelphia. And not just people but people in various states of undress.

In other words, I went skirted to the PNBR 2019, the Philly Naked Bike Ride. I took my bike from the car and went to the starting point, a big park where a lot of other activities were going on like weddings and BBQs. I undressed to blend in and at 5PM the tour started. It went through the city center and passed the two famous cheesesteak houses. At the end of the trip I went back into my skirt and the rest, again in front of the other bikers and a lot of curious onlookers.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

User avatar
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by JeffB1959 »

beachlion wrote:Today I wore a skirt in front of about 1000 to 2000 people. At two different places in Philadelphia. And not just people but people in various states of undress.

In other words, I went skirted to the PNBR 2019, the Philly Naked Bike Ride. I took my bike from the car and went to the starting point, a big park where a lot of other activities were going on like weddings and BBQs. I undressed to blend in and at 5PM the tour started. It went through the city center and passed the two famous cheesesteak houses. At the end of the trip I went back into my skirt and the rest, again in front of the other bikers and a lot of curious onlookers.
That sounds seriously cool! I’m sure you must’ve had a good time. Meanwhile, it just so happens I’ve taken up bike riding (or rather, resumed same) as part of my exercise regimen, perhaps I might try riding in a skirt or skort. That could be fun!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.

User avatar
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by beachlion »

JeffB1959 wrote:...... That sounds seriously cool! I’m sure you must’ve had a good time. Meanwhile, it just so happens I’ve taken up bike riding (or rather, resumed same) as part of my exercise regimen, perhaps I might try riding in a skirt or skort. That could be fun!
It was amazing and I enjoyed it a lot. There was a quite tall dark guy there that looked a little like you. So for a moment I was thinking you joined the group. ;) Maybe next year.

If your skirt is a little above the knee or longer, not too wide and made of rather heavy fabric, it will not blow up unless it storms. The wind pressure of your forward movement will keep it down.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

User avatar
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by beachlion »

The PNBR 2019 did not escape the attention of the press.

https://apnews.com/fa9cfa49f2a34ffcb56bbc718bf1c23c
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

Post Reply