Skirts in front of alot of people

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
e2k2houck

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by e2k2houck »

I wear my skirts all the time. I have traveled to N.Y. several times in my skirts with no problems. I did have a woman stop me as ask me where I got my skirt. I was a little nervous the first couple times I wore it in public. Except when I am at work, where I have to wear a uniform, I am in a skirt.
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

I wear skirts most of the time when I am not at work. I frequently go shopping in one of my local towns. Seen by many people but hardly ever a bad comment, one or two women have had chatted to me about my skirts.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

About 3 years ago, a very dear friend and I took a cruise for a week. No pants allowed only dresses and skirts. We had to fly to LA and back. W had some conversations with other passengers, all very complimentary. Only downside was that it only lasted 7 days. We're planning another 15 day cruise sooner than later. We both agreed, more sun and pool time is needed!

Does this count? probably 2500 passengers
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

On most of the cruise ships - the fancy formal dining and specialty dining rooms have a dress code -
For the ladies most anything goes - - -
"BUT" for the men it always the dreaded pants (no shorts) and a collared shirt (polo) of sorts.
Shorts OK for the Buffet and casual dining venues

Always a rebel with cause I wear the kilt kilt sox w/flashes and a pirate (peasant) shirt and always meet the crew approval.
Going the whole shebang formal route with Prince Charlie coat vest and tux shirt bow tie is overkill - great for formal nights
and photo opts with the Captain and crew - but there not much sense in packing along another piece of luggage to have
that kind of wardrobe flexibility.

This is no longer the Titanic where even 4th class guests have to dress the nines - - -
Cruise Casual is modern day theme

You can tell when a formal event occasion is scheduled the Officers uniform is dress black -
ordinarily the uniform of the day is white -

Hopefully in the next few months cruising will be somewhat back to normal - no masks tests or other restrictions.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !