Skirts in front of alot of people

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by JeffB1959 »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I have a few golf skorts and removed the inner shorts. I like them as they allow a lot of freedom, have an elastic waist, and oh yeah, nice pockets too.
Do you play golf in those skorts? Inquiring minds wanna know!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Wearing a skirt does not entitle one to play from the RED tees (ladies).

Never thought of that.

Playing golf could be expensive. I believe in getting my money's worth . I mean why would you spend good money to take only 70 or 75 shots .

When for the same price you can take 100 shots :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

oldsalt1 wrote:Wearing a skirt does not entitle one to play from the RED tees (ladies).

Never thought of that.

Playing golf could be expensive. I believe in getting my money's worth . I mean why would you spend good money to take only 70 or 75 shots .

With the new regulations you are no longer bound to the yellow, white and grand dad tee off.

And indeed it's a waste of time to get a few shots at the driving range when you can do such on your way to the 19th.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1 wrote:Wearing a skirt does not entitle one to play from the RED tees (ladies).

Never thought of that.

I live on the fifth fairway of a local course, and have never understood what anyone finds in the game of golf. It’s not like an athletic endeavor. I pick up two dozen expensive golf balls from my back yard every year, and just give them away. In the words of Mark Twain, golf seems to me to be “A good walk, wasted.”
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

dillon wrote:

Never thought of that.

I live on the fifth fairway of a local course, and have never understood what anyone finds in the game of golf. It’s not like an athletic endeavor. I pick up two dozen expensive golf balls from my back yard every year, and just give them away. In the words of Mark Twain, golf seems to me to be “A good walk, wasted.”
As long as you walk instead of using a golf car, it's a form of exercise. walking without a dog or without reason or purpose is dull (i.m.o.). It's in first instance a competition against yourself as to improving yourself. Secondly a competition against others and as in the US competition is grained into the way on thinking. I's a social activity. It's a peaceful activity most times in a beautiful garden with grand flora and fauna. Depending on the course you will have great views of the surroundings. It's social activity, always someone you will wind up talking with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I think it was George Carlin who described golf as You buy an expensive set of sticks than you take an expensive ball hit it away than you go and find it than you hit it away again Finally you hit it into a hole than you take it out of the hole and start all over hitting it away again. :?: :?: :?: It makes as much sense as hiking

I mean what is hiking you start from a certain spot Sometimes you take a trip to get to that spot you are starting from. Than you take a long walk to get back to the spot you started out from Than you take the trip back home :?: :?: :?:

And then you realize that no matter which one you do its more fun to do it wearing a skirt :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

oldsalt1 wrote: I mean what is hiking you start from a certain spot Sometimes you take a trip to get to that spot you are starting from. Than you take a long walk to get back to the spot you started out from Than you take the trip back home :?: :?: :?:
Hiking you get some great views, fresh air, exercise... You can pack a lunch and call it a picnic if that makes you feel better.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Dust wrote: Hiking you get some great views, fresh air, exercise... You can pack a lunch and call it a picnic if that makes you feel better.
Hear, hear. Better still, you can walk to a nice country pub with your wife for Sunday lunch, like I did yesterday. Hiking skirt, 15.1 km.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Add hobbies such as foraging wild foods, plant identification, bird watching, or photography and a hike can have more of a purpose. I do all of the above, in a skirt, of course.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

lets see playing golf or hiking hmmmm first off we are walking around the course that's about 5 miles plus . One of the courses we play at is along the water and the scenery is beautiful. There are a few birds nests that we are always watching . I can take a picture with my phone. And of course plant identification we are always looking to avoid the poison ivy . and last I am wearing a skirt or golf skort. I vote for golf
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

We are fortunate enough to have a national park, national forest, three nature preserves, two lakes, and more near us. It is a pleasure to hike on trails while wearing a skirt. Identify birds, plants, trees, animals. Photography, bird watching, picnicking, fishing, meeting people, etc. There are nature tours and programs, films, lectures, all kinds of reasons for being outdoors in a skirt. I do or have enjoyed all of these activities alone, with my wife, or with groups.

When we travel we buy tee shirts and have a lot of them. I was recently involved with a group walking on a trail and one of the members noticed the tee shirt I was wearing and it became a subject for conversation. I don't think she even noticed my skirt as it didn't come up in the discussion. Anyone who has noticed has given their approval and admired my fortitude for wearing it and said they would like to try it seeing how comfortable I am and describe it to them.

I advocate skirts for walking, hiking, and driving.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Jim wrote:Add hobbies such as foraging wild foods, plant identification, bird watching, or photography and a hike can have more of a purpose. I do all of the above, in a skirt, of course.

Don't forget happening upon the occasional cool mountain stream to swim in... all alone... peaceful and quiet.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I advocate skirts for walking, hiking, and driving.
I'd just advocate wearing them.
Steve.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Got out to play a little golf

Its a skort but its great for golf big pockers
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Someone should invent a device for picking up golf balls. Sort of like tongs with two ice cream scoops but able to retrieve the ball from the cup. It would be good for bending over to pick up the ball whether you are wearing a skirt or just have difficulty bending over. It could fit on a cart.