Skirts in front of alot of people

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by Bamaskirting »

A first for me. I've wore skirts quite a few places in Alabama. But yesterday, I wore a skater skirt to the mall. I didn't get shot! That tends to happen at the mall every once in awhile. I'm in a Lularoe skirt today. Just going to Starbucks and Home Depot this time.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by r.m.anderson »

Bamaskirting wrote:A first for me. I've wore skirts quite a few places in Alabama. But yesterday, I wore a skater skirt to the mall. I didn't get shot! That tends to happen at the mall every once in awhile. I'm in a Lularoe skirt today. Just going to Starbucks and Home Depot this time.
That Home Depot - the redneck lumber & hardware company
Now as for Starbucks - ain't nothin out of the ordinary there

Oh and this weekend was a Gay Pride celebration - maybe not so much down in your neck of the woods
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

r.m.anderson wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:A first for me. I've wore skirts quite a few places in Alabama. But yesterday, I wore a skater skirt to the mall. I didn't get shot! That tends to happen at the mall every once in awhile. I'm in a Lularoe skirt today. Just going to Starbucks and Home Depot this time.
That Home Depot - the redneck lumber & hardware company
Now as for Starbucks - ain't nothin out of the ordinary there

Oh and this weekend was a Gay Pride celebration - maybe not so much down in your neck of the woods
Don't let Alabama fool ya. Everyone in the closet. But yeah, that's what helped with my confidence in wearing what I please- Starbucks.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Wearing a kilt or skirt in a large gathering seems easier than in a small group.

Especially where you can easily get lost in a crowd or sea of people. Typically you will never see them again. And if they see some one out of the ordinary. They likely get lost in the crowd in a few moments, I
I think it was easier for me to go kilted to a Ren fair, than wear a kilt to my friends house for the first time.

Every group. Every event is slightly different, different people, place etc
It does seem to get easier over time.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Great!. I agree with mishawakaskirt that it is easier wearing a skirt in crowded places as I am not the only thing to focus on .............. or shoot.

Beware of misunderstandings in hardware stores:
denimini wrote: One time I went to a huge hardware store wearing a skirt and I was there for some time and needed a pee so I asked a guy working there where the toilets were.
He said "What sort of toilet", at which I bristled thinking he was having a go at me wearing a skirt.
I was just thinking of some cutting response when he continued "we do sell toilets here".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

denimini wrote:
Great!. I agree with mishawakaskirt that it is easier wearing a skirt in crowded places as I am not the only thing to focus on .............. or shoot.

Beware of misunderstandings in hardware stores:
denimini wrote: One time I went to a huge hardware store wearing a skirt and I was there for some time and needed a pee so I asked a guy working there where the toilets were.
He said "What sort of toilet", at which I bristled thinking he was having a go at me wearing a skirt.
I was just thinking of some cutting response when he continued "we do sell toilets here".
Ha! Oh yeah that's kinda funny. I remember the trans toilet debate. Ah you go in there with my wife I'll kill you blah blah blah.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Mobile, Alabama made me a little nervous once. We were there to board a cruise. The night before we stopped at Walmart. I was wearing a long jean skirt and a man commented as I was walking out. I could hear his thick southern accent declare, "That man was uh wearin' a skirt." I made it out of Mobile alive!! LOL
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Freedomforall wrote:
Mobile, Alabama made me a little nervous once. We were there to board a cruise. The night before we stopped at Walmart. I was wearing a long jean skirt and a man commented as I was walking out. I could hear his thick southern accent declare, "That man was uh wearin' a skirt." I made it out of Mobile alive!! LOL
I've never had a problem....so far. I wear leggings everywhere. And I've been out in skirts a bunch. Even today. My hair is also long. People may think I'm trans for all I know. Only area I try to stay away from is the hick area I live!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I've worn skirts and dresses in crowded malls and downtown areas scores of times and never had so much as a lick of trouble. In fact, I even get compliments on my attire from time to time.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

How about a major league baseball game This was NY Mets Citi Field No problems at all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

oldsalt1 wrote:How about a major league baseball game This was NY Mets Citi Field No problems at all
Yep. No hiding there! Nice skirt. I love Khaki!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I regularly wear skirts with many people around.
On Monday afternoons at a local bridge club there are usually between 70 and 100.
And at curling, if all the rinks are being used, there are over 100.
For golf roll-up games (Tues and Thurs), there are 20-40. Initially here there was some friendly banter but now its accepted.
Otherwise, I have had quite a few positive comments and pleasant conversations, mainly with women. :D 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Freedomforall wrote: The night before we stopped at Walmart. I was wearing a long jean skirt and a man commented as I was walking out. I could hear his thick southern accent declare, "That man was uh wearin' a skirt."
I've overheard that a few times. I reckon practically everyone says it, but most wait until you are out of earshot.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Skaterswaltz

Post by Skaterswaltz »

Happy Monday Everyone. I’m about to go down the laundromat. I’ll have one on, some in the wash.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Skaterswaltz wrote:Happy Monday Everyone. I’m about to go down the laundromat. I’ll have one on, some in the wash.
Good on you! Do you fold your various skirts straght from the drier, so other patrons can see your collection?

I suppose skirts on the line is a variation of skirts in front of alot of people.
My clothes line is suspended from the rafters of the wide verandah, out of the sun; fading is a problem and they can dry there in less than an hour.
It is not really in the public eye but visitors and people going fishing can see the display. I used to be shy about people seeing skirts on a single man's line but now I have no shame about a great array of skirts hanging there.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia