Remaining confident

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Remaining confident

Post by Kilted Musician »

JennC03 wrote:Ignore those who cast stones. Pray for them and move on. They're not showing you your character but their own. Granted she judged you by the clothes you wear but if we fall into the same category as to what she done then we are just as guilty.Be proud to be in your own skin and shower those who look down upon you with kindness. In this cruel world a smile can turn frowns faster than those that never smile.
Hi Jenn and all. Here's something I found on the net today...

"When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless."

--Rick
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Ultimately, we are all here for the same reason: Compulsion. We can rationalize it as relieves our individual trepidations; comfort, health, challenging conventionality...whatever. And we support each other, regardless of what we may think of each other's clothing choices or rationales. But when you step out of your front door as a man in a skirt, you do so of your own mettle, and your own version of compulsion. Your correspondents are with you in spirit, but we can't be there to deflect the sneers and frowns. The rest is still up to you, including deciding if compulsion is a stronger driver in your mind and heart than the bifurcated security blanket we call 'trousers.' And, Moon, you, among us all, live in a particularly difficult region to "boldly go where no man has gone before." But when it's your legs that are extending from that skirt, in SW Virginia, then folks may laugh, scoff, or point fingers, but no one can say you don't have a set of nads between them. Keep on keepin' on, bro. Here's a thought from "Ripple" by Garcia and Hunter:

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow.

You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Thanks Dillon, that was a very thoughtful post.
dillon wrote:But when you step out of your front door as a man in a skirt, you do so of your own mettle, and your own version of compulsion. Your correspondents are with you in spirit, but we can't be there to deflect the sneers and frowns.
This is true, and why I remain an active member here. You all are the only ones who truly understand why it is that I do this, because we all share similar reasons.
Moon, you, among us all, live in a particularly difficult region to "boldly go where no man has gone before." But when it's your legs that are extending from that skirt, in SW Virginia, then folks may laugh, scoff, or point fingers, but no one can say you don't have a set of nads between them.
Indeed, and has been called out on a few occasions here locally! :lol:
Kilted Musician wrote:"When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless."
I like that.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Skaterswaltz

Post by Skaterswaltz »

It’s almost worth wearing a skirt just to expose the ones we wouldn’t get on with. Add to that the sheer pleasure of wearing one in public, it’s a win-win.
Sometimes people do stand up or public speaking because they wish to overcome a fear or anxiety. Get to it before it gets you. There’s part of that with getting skirted and out there. But I just love it. I simply really like doing it and that’s why I do it.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Skaterswaltz wrote:IBut I just love it. I simply really like doing it and that’s why I do it.

Same here!

Once the novelty wore off, I was used to the extra comfort, and ever since then skirts have just felt right.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair