Top o the mornin to ya...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Top o the mornin to ya...

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all. :mrgreen:
I am wearing my green calf length skirt and a green top to go with it. :green:

What are you wearing on this fine day????

So enjoy a pint of green beer on me. :pint:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Top o the mornin to ya...

Post by skirtyscot »

Completely forgot, and if I'd remembered I probably wouldn't have bothered wearing green anyway. This evening I'm wearing purple. And bare legs! Not outdoors, it's been pretty chilly. But legs are better uncovered than clad in tights. So a happy Paddy's Day to you too!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Top o the mornin to ya...

Post by dillon »

I think St. Pat's Day may be more important to Americans as another excuse for drinking than it is to the Irish. Same with Cinco de Mayo. I think that maybe our less-than-homogeneous character - as mixed litter mutts in a land not known for breeding - perhaps makes us too anxious for a cultural legacy and ancestral identity. I suppose I'm odd, since my identity as a mutt, as a single letter in a cultural alphabet soup, is just fine by me. I'm curious about my ancestors but I don't think I'd ever jump on an identity bandwagon. I like the fact that America is shepherds pie, a bit of this and that mixed in, however you want to view it...melting pot or salad bowl. And I think it's better that we be committed to America The Idea, and not to America The Ethnicity. I don't think we ever can or should define an ethnicity. We should just chill and ride the tides. Keep faith in The Idea and we will be just fine.

But in the spirit of the day,
Slainte!
Dillon
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...