Skirts to dresses

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: Skirts to dresses

Postby weeladdie18 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:23 am

An interesting perspective of this new lifestyle is that a friend of mine , who is a born and bread local was asked why I wear The Kilt.
The reply he gave was a logical conclusion......" They are all like that,... where he comes from....."............L.O.L.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:45 am

Perhaps this is a Sunday thought,.........We all keep moving on until we can find an acceptable lifestyle......
Or find a community which has to accept our chosen lifestyle....
It is all a matter of personal confidence,....without trying to preach our lifestyle to other folks.........

As I said in another Post , last week I celebrated my first year with the Skirt Café....
The high point of my year was adopting a style of outfit which can be successfully worn by a Male who took off his trousers
and now wears a summer skirt or a straight skirt or a pleated skirt......

Please will you note that I have not mentioned wearing the Traditional Scottish Kilt,....as this is an entirely separate issue....weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby skirtyscot » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:16 am

Sinned wrote:Daryl, I have some of them thawb things bought whilst on holiday in Egypt. I agree on their comfort and suitability and I only wear them around the house for the reason that you gave. They do shout Muslim. I wish that were different but the signals are what they are.

And that is a problem because....?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:36 am

skirtyscot wrote:
Sinned wrote:Daryl, I have some of them thawb things bought whilst on holiday in Egypt. I agree on their comfort and suitability and I only wear them around the house for the reason that you gave. They do shout Muslim. I wish that were different but the signals are what they are.

And that is a problem because....?

Just add a non-Muslim symbol. Tie-dye it, wear a big cross or some hippy beads, or something else creative.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Sinned » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Alistaire, we don't have a large Muslim population here in York. Of course just a stone's throw west of us there is the large conurbation of Leeds/Bradford which is noted for its, ahem, diverse ethnic population. I remember looking out of the window in Jimmys [0] hospital and seeing a fairly large mosque with its minarets. So as such I would feel more conspicuous than if I wore a skirt.

[0] St James' Hospital, Leeds. My son was in there receiving unsuccessful treatment for leukaemia.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Postby STEVIE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:24 pm

skirtyscot wrote:And that is a problem because....?

Hi All,
Good question Alistair.
Perhaps someone who is properly acquainted with the ways and traditions of Islam might answer.
Without prejudice please!
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men