Aggressive women

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Aggressive women

Post by Darryl »

For about 8.5 years I worked at Sheraton Inn East...with pretty much an all female staff.

My friend Malinda was the full-time night auditor and she recommended me for the part-time night auditor and moved to full-time when she left to get married. I kinda had the hots for Sandy, the bookkeeper and front-office manager even though she was married and she guessed or sensed it and did some mild flirting/teasing. My sensitive ears were astonished at the way those girls talked. O.M.G. where was the lady-like decorum? Back then I dressed 'normally' for a guy but I didn't leak. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. It was a good time and I learned a few things. Still don't understand women, though. :?

Now it's just smiles and comments from ladies passing by when I've put together a great outfit or something.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

OMG yes! Even without skirts, I have been in situations where outnumbered by ladies, and they do tend to talk more freely. Mostly the things that stick out are when I learn something new about "ladies problems"

I like dressing in some female clothing items, but I'd never want to be female.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Taj wrote:A perspective I didn't notice as I read the thread; maybe some women are being welcoming when they comment on our skirted appearance. Women tend to bond with each other in sort of a girls club. I see it a lot. The doors to the club are not completely latched against men who are nonthreatening, and out numbered, in environments that tend towards the feminine. My yoga classes are a good example, wherein I've been accepted around and even included in conversations that are typically girl talk and female health issues. It could feel uncomfortable for some men to be taken in as one of the girls, but I think it happens sometimes.
Perhaps these women figure that one topic-clothes-is something that we can share with them in a way other men can't. So we already have at least one thing in common.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I think that it would be flattering to be taken in as one of the girls.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Daryl wrote: Skirt-wearing by women definitely increased a little where I worked after I started wearing skirts to work all the time. It's almost as if the option became more real even for women, with just one trailblazer. Until then, I don't think any of the women where I worked ever wore skirts except on formal occasions.
Perhaps these women were thinking...."If a man can wear a skirt, why can't I?"
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Grok wrote:
Daryl wrote: Skirt-wearing by women definitely increased a little where I worked after I started wearing skirts to work all the time. It's almost as if the option became more real even for women, with just one trailblazer. Until then, I don't think any of the women where I worked ever wore skirts except on formal occasions.
Perhaps these women were thinking...."If a man can wear a skirt, why can't I?"
That's what I like to think, only substituting my name for "a man". :D
Daryl...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I also have had my resentments of women, probably because i had unrealistic expectations of the extent of understanding and compassion I expected from them. Many have shown themselves to be nearly as ignorant and thoughtless as men. But I still have an affinity for women that exists probably because I can at least partially relate to the ongoing social denial of equality with men. And, speaking as a Y-chromosome, for that I am sorry. And I can relate. All humans of whatever physical/intellectual sex/sexuality/gender deserve better than the current sociopolitical climate affords them. All men/women/other must be partners in peace and love. (I think of myself as "Men" but probably fit as well in the "Other" category. Despite being a 6'3" farmer with a redneck's ill-humored temperament.)
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...