Making men realise they do have a choice

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
steamman

Making men realise they do have a choice

Post by steamman »

If you look on the internet fashion websites, it is interesting to see that the fashion world is now moving towards genderless fashion (but having combined mens and womens collections worn by either sex) and at last throwing away the notion that skirts and dresses are only for women. One example here:

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/genderless-fashion

This is a great move forward, but my concern is how this will practically trickle down to the high street? If skirts are still actively marketed to women only, how are men "supposed" to know that it is an option for them too as most men do not read fashion websites or magazines! Retailers will have to start selling skirts as unisex clothing. I can't see that happening anytime soon, despite what the high fashion world is doing. Of course, like other skirt wearing men , I know that getting out there and wearing a skirt in public sends a strong message, but it will have limited impact. It will be interesting to see where this goes over the next few years, but i expect that at the everyday level, nothing will change.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Making men realise they do have a choice

Post by Sinned »

The text says one thing but the pictures are all of trousers. Where's the message in that?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

This article is just like all the other hype The end comment or intent is that it is ok for women to wear men's clothing. There is some brief mention about men in dresses but no pictures.

In the photos they try to make it look like a natural every day event for the women to be dressed in suits. If they ever do show a man in a skirt or dress the outfit is usually so outlandish that it looks like a costume
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

oldsalt1 wrote:The end comment or intent is that it is ok for women to wear men's clothing. There is some brief mention about men in dresses but no pictures.
Same old/same old-women appropriating garments from our side of the aisle. :roll: