Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

Post by weeladdie18 »

Well done Dan thanks for the photos....going back to wearing skirts generally ...I have heard that if one wears skirts with bare legs regularly :
this does toughen up the skin on ones legs..I have had bare under my skirts most days , since the spring
and my legs are now well tanned and weather beaten
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Heading out to the VA Clinic for my weekly PTSD therapy group
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Looking good Dan.

Dick
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I've worn similar to out-patient visits and received zero reaction. I would expect that you would receive the same. Nice skirt and top.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The last time I went to my VA clinic the doctor asked about the skirt I was wearing.
She said where was my denim skirt as that was what I usually wore. I was wearing a black knee length full skirt this time. And that was the extent of the skirt and other clothing discussions we ever had. Since I have changed to skirts full time as well as the occasional dress and wear womans blouses and tops as well I am enjoying life better than when I wore trousers. I wear them as a male not as a female, since I am a man...
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, it shows that you must have made an impression on her to have not only remembered that you usually wore a skirt but the type of skirt and that you were wearing something different.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:Fred, it shows that you must have made an impression on her to have not only remembered that you usually wore a skirt but the type of skirt and that you were wearing something different.
I really made an impression the first time I wore a skirt to the clinic. And yes it was a denim skirt. But the next time I went I was wearing a different skirt and no-one said a thing about it. And this happened 3 years after I started to wear skirts full time. So I am not sure what caused her to react to the skirt.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:I go to the VA clinic all the time wearing a skirt.. Never had a problem

I have a weekly therapy group where I a in a room with 15 to 20 other veterans . We even had a group discussion about my skirts . Never had a bad comment or any type of problem

These are some of the different outfits I have worn there
I love this outfit! It really suits you, Old Salt
Scan_20190520 (2) (1).jpg
I went to the Dr today, another procedure, it was a lot easier in a shorter skirt as well. The doctor wasn't fazed at all.
grey_sk.jpg
just told to pull up my skirt to my hips, pull down my underwear and again it was the camera in a rather unpleasant location :shock:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Heading out to VA for weekly PTSD group
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

What dos the licenseplate stand for? "Late ToDay for Nothing"?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

It represents Lt. Dan.

Lt. Dan was a person in the movie Forest Gump.

OR it could be that OS1 was a Lt. in the military and his first name is Dan.

Take your pick!! :lol: :lol:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Fred you got it right. In real life 1968 I actually was LT Dan . I even had a conversation about it when I met Gary Sinise in the city
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:Fred you got it right. In real life 1968 I actually was LT Dan . I even had a conversation about it when I met Gary Sinise in the city
I believe that Gary is one of the few of the "Hollywood People" that is honest and genuine for his support of our military. I wish that I could meet him and thank him for his work with Veterans.

From one vet to another, thank You for your service. :D
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Fred He is a great person it was a chance meeting but it was very pleasant we were at a play he laughed when I busted his chops about me
being the real LT Dan He has done an awful lot for veterans. I thanked him for his work

Thank you also for your service I am not sure of your age so when were you in any good pictures
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:Fred He is a great person it was a chance meeting but it was very pleasant we were at a play he laughed when I busted his chops about me
being the real LT Dan He has done an awful lot for veterans. I thanked him for his work Thank you also for your service I am not sure of your age so when were you in any good pictures
I am an old Air Force Vet. At 76 years young I have seen a lot most of which has been good. I spent 3 years and 9.2 months with my Uncle from Washington.

I never did take any pictures while I was in. I spent 3 months in Texas, 12.5 months in Mississippi and my final tour was in South Carolina. Where I stayed and made it home. I was a heavy ground Radar tech helping to keep the skies safe. Our main mission was the Savannah River Plant, known locally as "The Bomb Plant" because that was where we made all of the goodies that go into atomic and hydrogen bombs. Also made the buttons that made electricity for the satellites.

I ended up retiring from there.