Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

Post by oldsalt1 »

Tomorrow is Friday I picked my outfit for my weekly visit to the V A clinic for my PTSD group session.

Last week when one of the new members to the group asked me how wearing a skirt helped with my problems. I explained that they are a diversion .

Thinking about what skirt to wear what to wear with it , etc. etc., takes up a lot of what would be free mental time and believe me it's a lot more fun thinking about that than mentally rehashing for the umptheen time what happened in a F---EN rice paddy 50 years ago
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Oldsalt the outfit looks really good.

John
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:Tomorrow is Friday I picked my outfit for my weekly visit to the V A clinic for my PTSD group session.

Last week when one of the new members to the group asked me how wearing a skirt helped with my problems. I explained that they are a diversion .

Thinking about what skirt to wear what to wear with it , etc. etc., takes up a lot of what would be free mental time and believe me it's a lot more fun thinking about that than mentally rehashing for the umptheen time what happened in a F---EN rice paddy 50 years ago
That's insightful. I am aware that I too use my fun with non-conforming attire as an alternative to less pleasant mental focii. Unlike hobbies, it is also something you carry with you at all times. Like meditation-beads in a way, perhaps.

Love that outfit on you. The matching boots are a great touch, and the heels really work for you.
Daryl...
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Sharp look. I really like it. It’s a very good coordinated outfit. You wear it well.

Ray
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I appreciate you guys who go to the doc in a skirt, but I’d rather not have a doctor deciding he knows me by my clothing. My fashion choices are mine, and not worth having to challenge my physician over his initial judgements based on attire.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

dillon wrote:I appreciate you guys who go to the doc in a skirt, but I’d rather not have a doctor deciding he knows me by my clothing. My fashion choices are mine, and not worth having to challenge my physician over his initial judgements based on attire.
I would hope that my doctors know who I am not by the clothes I wear but from years of treating me. My clothing has had nothing to do with my treatment from any of my doctors from the VA on down to my eye surgeon. They are very professional at all times and treat me as such. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
dillon wrote:I appreciate you guys who go to the doc in a skirt, but I’d rather not have a doctor deciding he knows me by my clothing. My fashion choices are mine, and not worth having to challenge my physician over his initial judgements based on attire.
I would hope that my doctors know who I am not by the clothes I wear but from years of treating me. My clothing has had nothing to do with my treatment from any of my doctors from the VA on down to my eye surgeon. They are very professional at all times and treat me as such. :D
That's always been my experience too. My doc even trains new docs, and they all take everything in stride as if it weren't even there. The younger generation is awesome in many respects. My previous doc, also a young guy, met me on the street downtown with his wife one day, and related how he'd spotted me from afar and told his wife that looked like the skirt-wearing male patient he'd told her about. So, they take the unusual as novel but don't seem to attach more than that to it.
Daryl...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

My outfit for tomorrows VA Clinic visit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Rough 'n' ready. Couldn't be better!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
tnwheels

Post by tnwheels »

I wore a denim skirt to my medical appointment today. Waiting room was full of people no one made notice. When I was taken back for the exam I was there for no attention at all was payed to my clothing. After the usual readings of vitals etc the nurse said I could put my clothing in a bag they provided while I out in the gown. It all seemed very normal.
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

A sudden pain due to renal calculus brings me once directly from the car to the nearest hospital!

Every thing went fine 😀
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Of course I love the skirt matching the car! That’s one way to get inspiration. Like the clinic pic too. Nice series of photos Old Salt.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

dillon wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:31 am I appreciate you guys who go to the doc in a skirt, but I’d rather not have a doctor deciding he knows me by my clothing. My fashion choices are mine, and not worth having to challenge my physician over his initial judgements based on attire.
My experience with medical people is actually opposite to what you fear. I have had several doctors say that we have clothing the wrong way round: that skirts are more suitable for men than for women, and trousers are more suitable for women than for men. When I go for a scan on my troublesome knee I don't need to put on a hospital gown - why wear a dress when you're already in a skirt which gives as much access to the required area? I've never had one negative comment.
Shalom
Steven
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

All the Medical people that I have dealt with have been very busy folks.
Their focus was entirely on the job in hand and not the way I was clothed.
Besides, I rather guess that a lot of them had seen it all before and probably worse.
We are simply not as unique as we might like to think we are.
Steve.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I while back I had surgery part was they had to take part of a vein from my leg . When I went in for a postop check , the lady doctor had to check how my leg was healing she smiled and said this exam is going to be easy . Lift up your skirt