Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

Postby weeladdie18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 am

I had to go to Hospital for an annual pacemaker check on friday....To maintain my normal blood pressure
I had decieded to wear a summer skirt for my shopping trip and then change into shorts for my appointment.
Unfortunately I forgot to take my shorts and so turned up at the hospital in a full summer skirt.

Got up on the couch and pulled the hem of my full skirt above my knees and pushed the free hem
down between my thighs. Sensors were placed on my lower legs and through my T Shirt onto the
Pace Maker. ..... all clever modern technology......

All no comment and no skirt problems......

Perhaps the problem is that parents will not let young boys wear skirts to satisfy their curiosity
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

Postby oldsalt1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 am

Just like my experience at the VA when I had to have my leg checked. My lady doctor said "this exam is going to be real easy" , Than she smiled and said Lift up your skirt :lol: :lol: :lol:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Fred in Skirts » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:32 pm

The doctors and nurses at the VA see all kinds of people in all kinds of clothing. I have never had a problem being skirted at the VA. It is always a great experience, except when I have to have a colonoscomy. :lol:
Fred :kiltdance:

:whistle: Hi I am Fred and I wear skirts all of the time. :hooray:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Than you Fred , we must be getting old when we spend our time discussing our Aches and Pains instead
of discussing our love life.

I had a gangerous appendix hidden behind my colon some thirty five years ago ,and ended up in a
Hotel California.....now that was a scarey story.....

Welcome to the Hotel California , .....we drink chamagne on ice.....we are all just prisoners here .....
of our own device.....but we may never leave...... weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Caultron » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:59 am

weeladdie18 wrote:I had to go to Hospital for an annual pacemaker check on friday....To maintain my normal blood pressure
I had decieded to wear a summer skirt for my shopping trip and then change into shorts for my appointment.
Unfortunately I forgot to take my shorts and so turned up at the hospital in a full summer skirt.

Totally unintentional, one presumes...

weeladdie18 wrote:Perhaps the problem is that parents will not let young boys wear skirts to satisfy their curiosity

That may be part of it, but as adults, our own fears and reservations are the greatest deterrents. Too often, we tend to be prisoners of our own device.

And not just with skirts.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Daryl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:42 am

weeladdie18 wrote:I had to go to Hospital for an annual pacemaker check on friday....To maintain my normal blood pressure

Got up on the couch and pulled the hem of my full skirt above my knees and pushed the free hem
down between my thighs. Sensors were placed on my lower legs and through my T Shirt onto the
Pace Maker. ..... all clever modern technology......

All no comment and no skirt problems......

Perhaps the problem is that parents will not let young boys wear skirts to satisfy their curiosity

Peer pressure has far more influence than parents, I think, though parents certainly have a lot in early years. If either of my boys had expressed any desire to try skirts they would have been supported in that, but neither did.

I've found skirts get me out of needing to disrobe for most things that take place below the waist. Very convenient. I sometimes see other people in waiting rooms looking at me, but not too often. Health professionals themselves couldn't care less, I find.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Fred in Skirts » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Daryl wrote:I've found skirts get me out of needing to disrobe for most things that take place below the waist. Very convenient. I sometimes see other people in waiting rooms looking at me, but not too often. Health professionals themselves couldn't care less, I find.

They don't mind as long as the insurance and Medicare pay the enormous amount of money they don't mind asking for. I mean $247.00 for a five minute office visit where all the doctor does is walk in and ask how are things going and are you still taking your meds as prescribed. I find this to be highway robbery.
Since I started to wear my skirts full time some 4 or 5 years ago I have never had any problem with seeing any of the doctors I visit including the VA.
Fred :kiltdance:

:whistle: Hi I am Fred and I wear skirts all of the time. :hooray:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby PappaG1119 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:24 pm

I’ve gone to my Dr many times in skirts and to the hospital as well and no one bats an eye. I’ve had several good conversations around me wearing skirts at the hospital as well. Most seems to be more curious than anything.
PappaG1119

Postby Caultron » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:15 am

PappaG1119 wrote:I’ve gone to my Dr many times in skirts and to the hospital as well and no one bats an eye. I’ve had several good conversations around me wearing skirts at the hospital as well. Most seems to be more curious than anything.

Same here.

The most memorable was a nurse who had the job of dressing me to go home after some minor surgery (so I wouldn't fall over trying to do it myself, I suppose) and had to ask how my utility kilt went on.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Postby kilty » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:53 pm

A few weeks ago I had an uncomfortable procedure of having a camera put where the sun don't shine :shock: but found it a lot easier to do in a skirt... Dr was a little surprised asking me to pull up my skirt and pull down my briefs but it made it easier than the usual shuffling around with trousers in a heap at your ankles :mrgreen:

Skirts are more hygienic for ventilation, I notice on social media kilted bike rides and other events for men's health, perhaps it will dawn on guys before it's too late (especially with the ultra tight jeans fad at the moment :pale: )
kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men