Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

Postby dillon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:04 am

Skirt shopping is bleak for those who have male-tailoring tendencies. I can’t abandon my Y chromosome, but some can. But to make the change one has to be more brutally personally and publicly honest than most of us are prepared to do. Too, I like some relatively feminine styled skirts that I would not wear just because of not wanting to confront my own gender identity. Yes, I need to establish my identity as an eccentric, rather than a TG, because I fit neither category. I guess they haven’t studied me or those like me yet. I just don’t fit their cubbyholes.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Postby new2skirts » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:26 am

dillon wrote:Skirt shopping is bleak for those who have male-tailoring tendencies. I can’t abandon my Y chromosome, but some can. But to make the change one has to be more brutally personally and publicly honest than most of us are prepared to do. Too, I like some relatively feminine styled skirts that I would not wear just because of not wanting to confront my own gender identity. Yes, I need to establish my identity as an eccentric, rather than a TG, because I fit neither category. I guess they haven’t studied me or those like me yet. I just don’t fit their cubbyholes.
Unless you're in a Utilikilt or regular kilt / denim skirt, most other forms of skirt are generally regarded as feminine. Some are petrified of the TG label, and prefer to tough it out as a macho 'man in a skirt' (usually poorly dressed as well), and would prefer to be in court, than in court shoes :roll:

Mark, now of YouTube fame it seems :shock:
mark-youtube.jpg

set the bar for acceptable fashion whilst still not abandoning his Y chromosome.

I think we've reached a point where most are not 'unseeing' us, but are just too busy to care. Aside from kilts and denim skirts, all mine would be regarded as feminine, along with their accessories... but with celebrities "in the wild" like Eddie Izzard, it shows that just because I'm in a nice pencil skirt with black stockings, doesn't mean I have to take on a girly persona (unless one wants to) :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
new2skirts
Distinguished Member

Postby Grok » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:58 pm

moonshadow wrote:
It begs the question though, where did these thrift shop skirts originate?
Perhaps some of the skirts had originally been ordered online?
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Perhaps some of the new skirts in the charity shops are end of line from the local fashion stores ...
Some of the fashion stores are needing the rails for their new stock.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:57 pm

pelmut wrote:
weeladdie18 wrote:Recently , I passed a shop in Exeter U.K. which sells very expensive sewing machines .
The shop advertised Sewing Machine Courses , sewing classes and pattern making courses.....Perhaps there is a similar shop on your doorstep

There is one in Bath.

Pelmut , Thanks for that comment , I have not been to Bath for years . If I remember correctly , just outside Bath ,on the way to Shepton Mallet there was
a Wild West Museum . Great Stuff . Must have been ten years ago .

There are also craft and sewing groups in many local regions . There are two within a few miles of me .
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Grok » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:16 pm

weeladdie18 wrote:Perhaps some of the new skirts in the charity shops are end of line from the local fashion stores ...
Some of the fashion stores are needing the rails for their new stock.
Nevertheless, if few women now wear skirts on a regular basis, one would expect second hand skirts to gradually dwindle to small remnant.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men