Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

Post by Faldaguy »

I too, find myself the only person in a skirt at gatherings which I find surprising, living in a warm climate. I think I mentioned elsewhere; I was at a rally in a skirt and a young woman told me later that she felt out of place wearing a skirt ........ until she saw me and felt much better.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
I think you may be on to something. In a very small unstructured sampling my observations are that in those places I visit consistently, the women there tend to pick up something of the vibe and start to wear skirts more often. I had one woman in her 90's ask me which I found more comfortable -- pants or skirts? She said my skirt wearing had given her pause to think about the skirts she had put away, and might get back out. My wife increased her skirt wearing when I commenced wearing skirts almost all the time.

I don't know where in the Outback ye be, but I recall a day feeling pretty lonely in Cunnamulla, and the flies in Coober Pedy preclude any exposure, but Melbourne seemed a natural -- but heck, loads of the women were still in their skirts and dresses there as women in big cities do seem more fashion statement concerned. Anyway, can't hurt -- I still like the look on women better, but do hope the men catch on.

Falda guy,

Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I wonder if some women who are interested in skirts feel like the odd man out, so hesitate to wear one.

But what if somebody else-even a man-shows up skirted? Would that embolden a woman?

Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Short answer, Yes. From a very small arbitrary and non-scientific sampling, my observations in the few places I routinely attend, the number of women wearing skirts has increased from the times before I attended those venues routinely in a skirt.
Though it does not make a difference in my choices, I too find I enjoy being in a skirt more when there are more folks in similar dress (albeit women at this stage of our evolution)--people do seem to be herd animals in much of their behavior.

Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

As the weather people on television say, this is the hottest and driest time of the year in Seattle. Late July/early August.

Occasionally see a woman in a skirt/dress, typically wearing a mask.

Though there don't seem to be as many women in dress/skirt as in previous summers. However, this is a very strange year.

Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Grok wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:46 pm
As the weather people on television say, this is the hottest and driest time of the year in Seattle. Late July/early August.

Occasionally see a woman in a skirt/dress, typically wearing a mask.

Though there don't seem to be as many women in dress/skirt as in previous summers. However, this is a very strange year.
It's also been a bit more humid this year. I've seen a few women so attired out toward Redmond, Woodinville, etc. Granted, I've been avoiding Seattle lately, mainly because of the no "non-essential" trips aspect of King County's Phase II opening.
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo

Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Of course, the heat is a good argument for wearing skirts. :!:

Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Since I began wearing skirts my wife has been wearing skirts and dresses more often. Maybe it's contagious? She looks better in them than I do. It is very hot where we live and I like being the most comfortable man around.

Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Happy-N-Skirts » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Since I began wearing skirts my wife has been wearing skirts and dresses more often.
Same here -- I guess we just need more men to pick up the habit!