Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

Post by SkirtsDad »

The hot weather this year has increased the numbers of short wearers I've seen, but I cannot say I have noticed a change in skirt wearing. Generally the skirts I see worn are by a few of the overseas oriental female university students. As for uniforms/dress code, anything in the hospitality industry, charity shops and care work usually requires legs to be covered for health & safety or hygiene reasons, so trousers are worn.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Perhaps eventually some women will get bored with twin-tubes. If any decide to try something different, I figure that they might well choose some form of leggings. At least during the cooler seasons.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Why do people here seem to want women to wear skirts? ... Does it matter what they choose? ... Are they watching to see if MIS get bored with out choices perhaps? ... What if they just want to see men wearing trousers and not skirts?

I find the apparent obsession by quite a few here with what other people are wearing, women or otherwise, very strange given that our whole aim for us is to forge our own path against the dictates of fashion.
Last edited by SkirtsDad on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

SkirtsDad wrote: Why do people here seem to want women to wear skirts?
This is not my concern. This is a topic that others have brought up.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

It was intended for a wider audience. Simply your earlier response triggered thoughts I've had about various comments from this and other threads. No offense intended. I have unquoted you grok.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

SkirtsDad wrote:Why do people here seem to want women to wear skirts? ... Does it matter what they choose? ...
For me:
1. Women look good in skirts.
2. It's nice to see anyone else, and I do mean anyone, wearing our chosen garment.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

SkirtsDad wrote:Why do people here seem to want women to wear skirts? ... Does it matter what they choose? ... Are they watching to see if MIS get bored with out choices perhaps? ... What if they just want to see men wearing trousers and not skirts?

I find the apparent obsession by quite a few here with what other people are wearing, women or otherwise, very strange given that our whole aim for us is to forge our own path against the dictates of fashion.
Perhaps some feel that if they see women in skirts it encourages them or gives them more reason to wear one themself... seems a bit pointless as women, like men, have the choice to wear whatever they feel like. I wear kilts but rarely see another guy in one. Same goes for pencil skirts - women look good in them, it's nice when you see a well fitting, flattering skirt being worn, but surely women being forced or expected to wear skirts enforces stereotypes? :roll: Would it be fair if we were always expected to look good in a pair of jeans or designer suit? :(
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

Were are we going to get the skirts from for the charity shops so that we can buy them if the girls are not out their wearing the skirts to start with?
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

It’s interesting to me that girls and women of all ages have been very complimentary about wearing a skirt. I have had conversations with several ladies and they have all been positive. I like the looks of skirts and dresses on women. They do attract my attention. My wife wears skirts and dresses and I think she is beautiful in them. I think they are a very practical garment for both genders.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

SkirtsDad wrote:Why do people here seem to want women to wear skirts? ... Does it matter what they choose? ... Are they watching to see if MIS get bored with out choices perhaps? ... What if they just want to see men wearing trousers and not skirts?

I think of this site as the skirt appreciation society. I enjoy seeing skirts and dresses being worn by anyone, so I don't feel out of place discussing how many women are (or aren't) wearing skirts on the Red Line into Boston, for example :-) Although my wife does not approve of my skirting, we both frequently comment upon (invariably) women who we see when we are out and about who are wearing nice skirts or dresses. I frequently look at what women wear and think "that's really cool, I wonder if it would suit me / guys in general?"
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

FranTastic444 wrote:...I frequently look at what women wear and think "that's really cool, I wonder if it would suit me / guys in general?"
Me too.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Sinned wrote:Awww riiight, WL, but what's all that to do with whether skirt wearing among women is increasing?

BTW we had a bit of heavy rain last night and it were a bit on the breezy side but nowt to really talk aboot.
Well , all the nice girls love a sailor, so I am quite sure they will all be wearing their best smart skirts when they come down to cornwall to chance their luck with Jolly Jack Tar.....As I have explained, there is plenty of maritime heritage in Cornwall
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

SkirtsDad wrote:The hot weather this year has increased the numbers of short wearers I've seen, but I cannot say I have noticed a change in skirt wearing. Generally the skirts I see worn are by a few of the overseas oriental female university students. As for uniforms/dress code, anything in the hospitality industry, charity shops and care work usually requires legs to be covered for health & safety or hygiene reasons, so trousers are worn.
Perhaps the lassies get used to wearing trousers for health and safety reasons at work so they continue to dress in this style at Home.
" I just want to be free , " ......so I change into a skirt after any toil or labour............

Yesterday was sunday. I only saw one lady wearing a skirt to sit down for Sunday lunch in the café......It was warm and sunny so I reverted to my
summer skirts...............I like the bright colours and patterns.....I feel it helps to cheer people up
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Caultron wrote:
FranTastic444 wrote:...I frequently look at what women wear and think "that's really cool, I wonder if it would suit me / guys in general?"
Me too.
Me three.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

"Obsession" is too strong a diagnosis, dr. freud.

I flat out like to see women in skirts but I only "want" them to wear them because it pleases me to see them in them, and it pleases me that they know this and often wear skirts meant to be seen in not merely to be worn, if you know what I mean.

But, since this is a bit of a hobby for us all, then speculation on what the trends are for either sex is certainly part of the fun.
Daryl...