Kirbstone wrote: ↑Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:46 amRough guesstimate: The vast majority of the under fifties women now wear thick leggings/tights as standard Winter wear below the waist and have discarded skirts en masse. Showing their contours down there has become acceptable nowadays, which in my humble opinion is a great shame.
Totally agree with that Tom.
5 14 2022
Me and the wife were at a local college graduation today.
I can attest women do actually own and wear skirts and dresses.
I'm guestimating that 80 percent of the women I saw today were in some form of skirt or dress. The remaining 20 percent were in trousers.
And you guessed it 100 percent of men were in trousers or shorts.
I was hoping to spot perhaps one man in a kilt. But nay not a one.
It was so nice to see skirts and dresses on the ladies.
They do exist, just elusive like big foot and the loch Ness monster.
I miss the skirts as daily wear days.
It's ashame that skirts and dresses are only worn for what Is considered a formal event.
I guess when you go to a graduation where the graduating student has roughly 240 thousand dollars in student loans, you want to dress your best.
The rental for the gown and cap was 250 dollars
If you wanted to purchase it, I was told that they were roughly 1000 dollars to buy.