Leather Skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
steamman

Leather Skirts

Post by steamman »

I've fancied the idea of wearing a leather skirt for some time now, but haven't been able to find a style that I liked. I eventually came across a long A line skirt (with pockets, bonus!):

https://www.marksandspencer.com/tailore ... dpredirect

It's absolutely gorgeous, really soft, nice and long and after a little bit of stretching, now fits me perfectly. The only issue I have is deciding what to wear it with on top? I was thinking a simple white shirt and a dark jacket. For footwear, I have some nice high block heels that look good, but I was wondering if I should push the boat out and go for stiletto boots. Leather skirts in public will be a new adventure for me, but with this skirt being so gorgeous, I can't wait!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Leather Skirts

Post by Caultron »

steamman wrote:I've fancied the idea of wearing a leather skirt for some time now, but haven't been able to find a style that I liked. I eventually came across a long A line skirt (with pockets, bonus!):

It's absolutely gorgeous, really soft, nice and long and after a little bit of stretching, now fits me perfectly. The only issue I have is deciding what to wear it with on top? I was thinking a simple white shirt and a dark jacket. For footwear, I have some nice high block heels that look good, but I was wondering if I should push the boat out and go for stiletto boots. Leather skirts in public will be a new adventure for me, but with this skirt being so gorgeous, I can't wait!
A dark red, green, or gray long sleeved polo shirt or sweater might go nicely. Or, if you want to go goth, try black or purple.

Almost any kind of leather shoe or boot would go, although I personally prefer heels. Just don't do sneakers. Black would be good, or perhaps something to match your top.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
steamman

Post by steamman »

Thanks for the tips. Hadn't thought on trying a goth type look, but it might be a good option as I do own a pair of new rock knee high boots (not because I am a goth, I just like the boots).
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

I would suggest low heeled leather boots, dark blue polo short sleeved.

To bad it is sold out.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

There is REAL leather and then there is FAUX leather (pleather).

The way to tell is if you are next to a source of fire - one wards off the fire brand - the other "I am melting" like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz.
REAL leather is made from the hide of some poor creature who lost his hide - - -
FAUX leather is made from a mold of petroleum by products and therefore flammable.

Both can look pretty much the same - the weight of the garment is with the REAL leather while the FAUX leather is feather light to a degree.
It is that weight that offers warmth and shields from the slings and arrows of outrageous misuse of the fabric -
FAUX leather will wither in disgust and potentially be crinkly plastic and tear apart at the first sign of cold - neither suited for cold or hot.
Structural strength is with REAL leather able to take thousands of pin pricks of embroidery while FAUX leather with tear apart at the dotted line of the pin pricking puncture.

FAUX leather does not have the random texture or the mark of the beasts hide from which is was produced -
REAL leather does have these marks and it is not from some embedded petroleum mold - no faux pockets seams belt loops rivets - it is real and alive ***
*** well from some dead carcuss.

So what are you wearing the REAL DEAL leather or some FAUX plastic copy of a dead animals hide ?

Since it is near to elections here in the USA - the following disclaimer is advised - - -
This was brought to you by the FAUX and REAL Media Forums alliance.
No money was spent on any part of this post - just a blink of the eye and deftly crafted qwerty message.
No FAUX animals were hurt while this post was being conjured up - can't say that about some of the poor animals displaced by the recent weather !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

steamman wrote:I've fancied the idea of wearing a leather skirt for some time now, but haven't been able to find a style that I liked. I eventually came across a long A line skirt (with pockets, bonus!):

By coincidence I am starting to wear my first leather/pleather outfit, visible here.

Matching burgundy shirt and socks seems to work for me. A fancier white shirt with black socks worked too. The booties seemed absolutely necessary though black loafers weren't too bad. A leather vest always works with a leather skirt, IMO. I just ordered this new pair of booties and am hopeful they will fit because I think they'd look even better with the outfit. I'm quite excited to see if I will take to the high heels, too, and if they will look good on me.

I think stilettos would look great with your skirt in either a bootie or a boot. For some reason I can imagine a strappy sandal but not a pump.
Daryl...
steamman

Post by steamman »

I finally wore my leather skirt today! I decided to go with block heels (nearly 5 inch) with a simple short sleeve shirt and a dark denim jacket. I have been traveling abroad today so wore the outfit to the airport. The lady at security gave me a compliment and remarked that as women wear trousers, men can wear skirts.

It felt absolutely awesome, and surprisingly “normal”. What was noticeable was my confidence level which was sky high (like my heels! It is true that if you project a confident image, people will accept you on your terms. I hope I inspired some other men to try a skirt today. I now have a new favourite skirt, the leather is buttery soft, it feels beautiful, that I didn’t want to take it off.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

steamman wrote:I finally wore my leather skirt today! I decided to go with block heels (nearly 5 inch) with a simple short sleeve shirt and a dark denim jacket. I have been traveling abroad today so wore the outfit to the airport. The lady at security gave me a compliment and remarked that as women wear trousers, men can wear skirts.

It felt absolutely awesome, and surprisingly “normal”. What was noticeable was my confidence level which was sky high (like my heels! It is true that if you project a confident image, people will accept you on your terms. I hope I inspired some other men to try a skirt today. I now have a new favourite skirt, the leather is buttery soft, it feels beautiful, that I didn’t want to take it off.
After such a compliment I can imagine that your feeling is sky high, even without boarding a plane. I guess we all would like to see a picture of the outfit worn.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have a faux suede skirt that looks and feels great and is light weight. I bought it at Forever 21 and have returned there several times. I bought a stretch fabric camo skirt which is a perfect fit. Neither were expensive. I have seen very few skirts for sale in the past year. I am choosey and look for skirts that closely resemble shorts.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I bought a leather skirt years ago, about the only time I wear it is when I go out to dinner and a bar to watch a band. I pull on some black panty house ane wear my Knee High Boots, add a nice top and if cool outside a sport jacket and I'm ready to go. No one has ever said anything to me about wearing this sharp looking skirt to bars in town.