Bloody weather!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Bloody weather!

Post by Fred in Skirts »

bridkid wrote:Thing is though sinned, you don't have the bitter easterly breeze in York! It can be 17 in Whitby, with some wind chill, go inland 3 miles and it's into the 20's..oh and I will be lucky to have the CH on at all this winter, our lass is menopausal so whatever the temp, she moans about being hot.. :roll:
Sorry to hear about your lass and the fact she wants it cold. My youngest daughter keeps her house at 60 F summer and winter and tried to keep my place there too when she was staying with me until they could get their new home. How ever the insulation has compacted over the years and it was impossible to even try. I like to keep the place at about 76F in the summer and about 70F in the winter.
So good luck!!! :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

bridkid wrote:...you don't have the bitter easterly breeze in York! It can be 17 in Whitby, with some windchill, go inland 3 miles and it's into the 20's...
Windchill!  You have brought back memories of a "Summer" day in Whitby some years ago.  I remember hanging on to the railings of an hotel to avoid being blown down the street; eventually I clawed my way to the clifftop road and watched a swamped yacht being towed in by the lifeboat. This was at the folk festival in the middle of August.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

Fred in Skirts wrote:(For those of you who do not know what the word snow means Visit Denver in the winter.) :lol:
'sno' good telling me that. I grew up in snow drifts. we did get some in the far south of Western Australia a few weeks back - lasted less than a day and you had to climb a 1200m hill to get to it.
Shalom
Steven
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

bridkid, yes, I remember those bitter winds off the North Sea. You see, when we first married MOH and I lived in Scarborough for 4 years. Now you know why we moved to York! Actually the weather ain't too bad here. We get the occasional floods but that's generally in the city centre adjacent to the river and the buildings there are mainly commercial. As for snow - it can be blizzards out of York but because we are in a valley we are sheltered and if we get a couple of inches then that's a lot.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

I tried tights and found that I like to wear a maxi skirt in winter with a few more skirts under it while I go out to feed the chickens and put out hay bale for the cows. I only stay out a long as I have to to get the job done in winter.
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

Hi sinned, sorry to hear you endured four years in Algerinoland! :wink: York must be luxury in comparison! However weatherwise you get more sharp frosts in York than on the coast. You also get more snow as well..
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

resized.JPG
If I can't wear my skirts bear legged like this, (Hope I have resize pic properly) Then I'm NOT happy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

They don't look like bear's legs to me!

Reminds me of Mrs. Obama's reply to someone who commented on her sleeveless outfit......She was upholding the right of Americans to bear arms!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

bridkid, no, we get very little snow in York. A dusting, as they say, or just over the soles at the most. As to the frosts, well, I can't really say that the're any worse than out of York. Frosts were quite bad in Scarborough and I didn't enjoy the climate there at all. Being newly married we had very little money and enjoyed walks along the beach at any time and in summer watched other people spending their money in the arcades. Our luxury in summer [0] was a bag of chips and a Knickerbocker Glory at Jaconelli's. I consider York to be temperate really.

[0] Off season the seafront closed down completely.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.