Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
User avatar
hairy
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 pm
Location: UK

Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by hairy »

I so often read that wearing a skirt helps men relax, I see it differently to that. In my veiw I beleave that wearing trousers makes us feel uncomfortable and stressed, and that putting our skirts on stops that feeling of uncomfortableness. I don't think any of you would disagree with that, so lets allstart saying that trousers make us feel stressed/uncomfortable and we should stop saying being in a skirt helps us relax. I always say I'm hot and stressed when I'm in my jeans,and thats so true.
Mercury
Active Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by Mercury »

Yes, I definitely agree. When I put on a skirt I feel so free and relaxed. Pants are hot and suffocating. I don't understand why everybody doesn't wear a skirt. :D
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I much prefer a skirt while driving because I can pull it up and get the best effects of the air conditioner. There is no tight restricting inseam. Easier "adjustment." I like skirts for hiking and walking, Freedom, comfort. I like wearing a skirt inside a store because it feels like the air conditioner is bouncing up my skirt. Skirts are great for sitting at my desk using my computer. Is great comfort the same as relaxed? Stress relief?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by moonshadow »

I have been helping mom move Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning. As such, I wore trousers... trousers in this hot as hell mid-July. Temps in the mid 90's a humidity so thick you can cut it with a knife. I didn't get back to our room until around 930AM on each night, and by that time it was too late to change into a skirt, so I would just hang out in my underwear in the room and enjoy the cool air hit my legs.

Today (Monday), I finished helping her move and proceeded to get on with my vacation in Richmond Virginia (never been to my state capitol before). When I got here, it was just as hot, but I didn't feel like changing. So I took a little ride around town this evening. As my sweaty legs kept sticking to the inside of the pant legs, the sweatyness around my crotch area became uncomfortable, I couldn't help but think "man, I can't wait to return tomorrow when I'm properly dressed for this heat! :D

I like summer. But only when I can dress freely and don't have to adhere to the unofficial dress code for the western male. When I have to wear those damned stifling stove pipes in the dog days, then I really come to resent our f----ed up gender roles.
User avatar
hairy
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by hairy »

I'm thinking of getting a t shirt made with words on it saying, off with the trousers, on with skirts.
User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4262
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by Sinned »

I thought of a T-shirt with, on the front, "It's comfortable, cool and ...." and on the back, " .... MOH wears the trousers." But MOH said that she wouldn't be seen with me wearing it! I wonder why?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
User avatar
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2442
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by oldsalt1 »

moonshadow wrote:I have been helping mom move Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning. As such, I wore trousers... trousers in this hot as hell mid-July. Temps in the mid 90's a humidity so thick you can cut it with a knife. I didn't get back to our room until around 930AM on each night, and by that time it was too late to change into a skirt, so I would just hang out in my underwear in the room and enjoy the cool air hit my legs.
Hey Moon is this the Mom who used to live in Ridge. Say hello to her for me.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed BBCode Quoting Format
User avatar
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2442
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by oldsalt1 »

hairy wrote:I so often read that wearing a skirt helps men relax, I see it differently to that. In my veiw I beleave that wearing trousers makes us feel uncomfortable and stressed, and that putting our skirts on stops that feeling of uncomfortableness. I don't think any of you would disagree with that, so lets allstart saying that trousers make us feel stressed/uncomfortable and we should stop saying being in a skirt helps us relax. I always say I'm hot and stressed when I'm in my jeans,and thats so true.
On a serious note. I have a certain condition that is the result of past experiences. and I honestly believe that the episodes are not as frequent severe and long lasting when I am wearing a skirt
User avatar
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:52 pm
Location: Delaware, Ohio

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by JRMILLER »

This past weekend, I played the character Mark Twain in the musical Big River in my hometown. The outfit was a white linen suit. My character show up at the beginning and the end of the play, so I also took a seat in the orchestra for the play. I was unable to change my outfit, so I ended up playing the orchestra in the suit.

For this particular play, he had the orchestra on-stage, upstage of the actors. As you may know, it can get very warm on-stage and the outside temperature was 90 degrees which stressed the heck out of the theater's AC. Bottom line was, it was really hard to sit there in those damn pants, the fabric clung to my legs and nether regions.. While overall, it was a good show, the long pants, however, was the worse part of it all. So yes, stressed in trousers! Missed my skirt.
-John
______________________

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
bridkid
Active Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Location: whitby north yorks

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by bridkid »

hairy wrote:I so often read that wearing a skirt helps men relax, I see it differently to that. In my veiw I beleave that wearing trousers makes us feel uncomfortable and stressed, and that putting our skirts on stops that feeling of uncomfortableness. I don't think any of you would disagree with that, so lets allstart saying that trousers make us feel stressed/uncomfortable and we should stop saying being in a skirt helps us relax. I always say I'm hot and stressed when I'm in my jeans,and thats so true.
I dislike wearing trousers in the heat, however I have to wear them for work, due to the nature of my job. But when I'm sweating my balls off in the heat, all I can think about is getting showered and skirted. Dunno so much about wearing a skirt relaxing me per se, but when my legs are cool it's certainly relaxing!
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
bridkid
Active Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Location: whitby north yorks

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by bridkid »

Sinned wrote:I thought of a T-shirt with, on the front, "It's comfortable, cool and ...." and on the back, " .... MOH wears the trousers." But MOH said that she wouldn't be seen with me wearing it! I wonder why?
Our lass would love that T shirt, it would help with her delusion that she's the gaffer... :lol:
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
bridkid
Active Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Location: whitby north yorks

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by bridkid »

Mercury wrote:Yes, I definitely agree. When I put on a skirt I feel so free and relaxed. Pants are hot and suffocating. I don't understand why everybody doesn't wear a skirt. :D
I agree with what you say, however I do understand why blokes won't wear them. It boils down to personal insecurity, men seem to think their masculinity is weakened by even the thought of putting one on. Societys' mores and human nature I'm afraid. We are true pioneers, and we must try to educate blokes that putting a skirt on really doesn't say that much about them, apart from the fact that they have the balls to confront the norms of society....
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by Kilty »

bridkid wrote:
Mercury wrote:Yes, I definitely agree. When I put on a skirt I feel so free and relaxed. Pants are hot and suffocating. I don't understand why everybody doesn't wear a skirt. :D
I agree with what you say, however I do understand why blokes won't wear them. It boils down to personal insecurity, men seem to think their masculinity is weakened by even the thought of putting one on. Societys' mores and human nature I'm afraid. We are true pioneers, and we must try to educate blokes that putting a skirt on really doesn't say that much about them, apart from the fact that they have the balls to confront the norms of society....
If the heatwave continues in the UK, some men may re consider... it's back up to 35C (95F) and I was sweating in trousers today. Even shorts aren't as comfy as a skirt... the only other option blokes would accept is a kilt, but they are hot in this extreme heat too. I'm sure "invisible denim" would suit most blokes, in knee length. It's only material, but it seems guys don't mind wearing jeans almost as tight as leggings, but a skirt is a step too far :roll:
User avatar
hairy
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by hairy »

kilty wrote:
bridkid wrote:
Mercury wrote:Yes, I definitely agree. When I put on a skirt I feel so free and relaxed. Pants are hot and suffocating. I don't understand why everybody doesn't wear a skirt. :D
I agree with what you say, however I do understand why blokes won't wear them. It boils down to personal insecurity, men seem to think their masculinity is weakened by even the thought of putting one on. Societys' mores and human nature I'm afraid. We are true pioneers, and we must try to educate blokes that putting a skirt on really doesn't say that much about them, apart from the fact that they have the balls to confront the norms of society....
If the heatwave continues in the UK, some men may re consider... it's back up to 35C (95F) and I was sweating in trousers today. Even shorts aren't as comfy as a skirt... the only other option blokes would accept is a kilt, but they are hot in this extreme heat too. I'm sure "invisible denim" would suit most blokes, in knee length. It's only material, but it seems guys don't mind wearing jeans almost as tight as leggings, but a skirt is a step too far :roll:
Yes Kilty the weather has been great here in England and just wish it continues, I'm really making the most of it and been skirted in front of my neighbours.
User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4262
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Stressed in trousers,relaxed when skirted

Post by Sinned »

Having just returned from two weeks in Egypt in nearly 40 degree burning sun I can say that a sarong is definitely more comfortable than shorts. I'm trying to be delicate here and realise that we may have readers of a more sensitive disposition, but here goes. Most of the shorts I wear are of the lightweight material variety and hence have that mesh interior. What I find iterating is that the mesh seems to stick or grab at my dangly bits and it really hurts after a while and requires some adjustment! I've tried telling this to MOH but she really, really doesn't get it at all. Oh, if women could just have the dangly bits for a day or two and realise how uncomfortable shorts and trousers can be then I don't think we would have any trouble with them accepting the reasons for our skirt wearing. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Post Reply