Delores

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Delores

Post by Big and Bashful »

Since the new series started I have been a watcher of "Westworld", one thing which stood out, for me anyway, was the character of Delores. More so in the second series, once she "found herself", she has been taking an extremely dominant role, gun toting, stomping through the prairies, fighting when she had to, shooting whenever she felt the need, jumping on and off horses and riding and riding. "So?" I hear you ask? Well she mostly wears a floor length skirt with more layers underneath, long enough to drag on the floor behind her. This doesn't seem to cramp her style at all and even when jumping onto a horse it doesn't seem to impede her. At other times she mostly wore a floor length blue dress, again, without it getting in her way or under her feet.

So, long skirts needn't be an encumbrance, if they are good enough for Delores, they should be good enough for the male skirt wearer with ugly knees or fat legs (me)!

Discuss!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Delores

Post by Sinned »

I did start to watch series 1 but it seemed confusing to MOH and I so we haven't bothered. But on the issue of full skirts. I believe that the dresses/skirts they wore would have very full hems with a diameter of a metre or three, or more, so that when spreading the legs to mount or dismount a horse the hem would be at least the width of the separation of the feet but also enough to go from one foot, over the horse's back and down to the other foot. In which case there would be no problem in wearing a skirt on a horse. With so many layers they would be quite cool, insulating the legs from the heat. The trouble is, how many of us can afford the many yards of material to form such a skirt? Not sure I could or would want to.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Dennis, if you could afford a horse, the proper skirt would be the least of your problems. ;) Besides that, in the movies most things seem to go with a lot less effort than in real life.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I would think that Dolores doesn't much care as she realises she is a robot and can pretty much survive forever. Wearing a skirt isn't going to be that much of an encumbrance for her.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews