Still have problems outside my own house

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Still have problems outside my own house

Post by oldsalt1 »

Hairy Tonight about 9pm put your skirt on get in your car drive two towns away stop and get gas. Pull up to the farthest pump park your car so you can almost hide behind the door buy a small amount of gas . than drive straight home. I know it is scary but try it if the first station you find is too crowded find another.

If this is too much go to a drive thru ie McDonalds buy some food than park close to a waste bin after you ate quickly get out of the car throw the garbage away than drive home
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

oldsalt1 wrote:Hairy Tonight about 9pm put your skirt on get in your car drive two towns away stop and get gas. Pull up to the farthest pump park your car so you can almost hide behind the door buy a small amount of gas . than drive straight home. I know it is scary but try it if the first station you find is too crowded find another.

If this is too much go to a drive thru ie McDonalds buy some food than park close to a waste bin after you ate quickly get out of the car throw the garbage away than drive home
And just in case your card declines, take cash for payment of either food / fuel. If there is a queue, just stand there looking straight ahead. I used to wear a pair of shades first of all, though this would look strange at night :roll: While you're in the petrol station, buy some tights before the weather turns. You'll wonder what the fuss was about :wink:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sorry I forgot your side of the pond its petrol :lol: :lol: And yes about the tights , I was afraid of them until I put a pair on they do a great job of finishing off an outfit
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

oldsalt1 wrote:Hairy Tonight about 9pm put your skirt on get in your car drive two towns away stop and get gas. Pull up to the farthest pump park your car so you can almost hide behind the door buy a small amount of gas . than drive straight home. I know it is scary but try it if the first station you find is too crowded find another.

I could easily do all that and more, and without hiding behind car doors. I walk about town centres in middle of day skirted, even went I to a pub this summer wearing skirt.
I Don't drive car but wife does so she's always with me except a number of time s when I've been mad enough to ride motorbike around. Countryside in a min I skirt. I'm fine in a sku rt away from home, it's only out side my own front door that I have problem.
Tights! I do wear them sometimes, hate the things but they can be usefull
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I do also go for a walk from my house at night and walk nearly a mile. That is in my own neighbourhood but under cover of darkness so I Don't really think it counts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

You're nearly there. All you need is the courage to take that first step out of your own front door. You know that it will get easier every time.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Try going for a ride in your car while wearing a skirt. Enjoy the freedom and the breeze, or air conditioning. Go to a state or national park or nature preserve. Most of the people if not all, are from out of town and don't care. You will not encounter rowdies or ruffians. Everyone minds their own business. You won't be noticed. Try wearing a denim, khaki, or camo skirt. Bring a pair of shorts with you for security, although you won't change it once you get to enjoy the freedom and comfort of a skirt. Enjoy the extra stride and ventilation, and then wonder why everyone isn't wearing skirts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hairy wrote:...I've not got over my fear of going outside of my house, I think it's time to admit that its me stopping myself from doing so and I can't keep blaming it on the people in my road. It was up to me to just get over it and I Didn't, I just needed to be a little braver and as yet not had what it takes. I Don't understand why I fear doing it but I do.
May be next summer!
Just do it.

Just get over it and do it.

You won't be happy until you do. You'll only have manufactured an excuse for giving up.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Try wearing a stealthy skirt such as above the knee denim, khaki, or camo, or some other subdued color. You will go very un-noticed.
Happy-N-Skirts has a great approach. I introduced the idea of skirt-wearing to my wife by going very slowly. I wore a pair of navy blue boxer shorts around the house off and on for over a month. I then cut-out the crotch and trimmed it up and started wearing it in the same manner.  My boxer skirt looked so much like the original shorts that it took her over a month to notice it was now a skirt.  You could do something similar with a cheap pair of athletic shorts or cut-off sweat pants. Just be sure you have two that were originally identical so you can change between the skirt and shorts, that'll keep the neighbor's guessing (that's if they even notice or care). By starting off wearing the shorts, your neighbors will be conditioned to believing them to be shorts and the skirt will be harder to detect. In the end, there will be a defining moment when your neighbor(s) will eventually identify that you're wearing a skirt.

One of the greatest obstacles to men wear skirts is the phobia that they will be publicly be humiliated. Each person over-comes this fear by demonstrating to themselves that it was false. I have my own fears about wearing skirts but I accept them as monsters of my own creation. I know that I'm the only one limiting myself and that I can over come it by simply manning-up and wearing the skirt in places that I fear the most. Until then, I'll continue to wear both my boxer shorts and boxer skirt to reinforce the notion that wearing a skirt is a non-issue. I will eventually move on to my sport skirts and continue to turn up the water temperature on the frog until I'm skirted all the time. Best of luck!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Hairy,
There are grains of truth in all the points of advice which have been put to you here.
I suspect that this is your Mountain to climb and you will do it in your own good time.
I cannot remember exactly when I walked down my own garden path in a skirt but it was certainly not among my first outings.
It took many attempts and false starts but worth the effort in the end.
You just have to prepare yourself and make that climb when you feel ready.
The view from the top will be quite amazing.
Steve.