how short can you go in skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: how short can you go in skirts

Post by oldsalt1 »

nothing more than a large belt actually 9 inches
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

oldsalt1 wrote:nothing more than a large belt actually 9 inches
I think that satifactorily answers the question of how short can you go in skirts.
Any shorter, I am sure something would show. Looks OK though.
I would wear something like that at home when it was over 40C or as a bit of a modesty fringe for leggings.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

I definitely like that one OldSalt... the advantange with the shorter skirt is it stops the colour overpowering, I think.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Ouch!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

SkirtsDad wrote:I definitely like that one OldSalt... the advantange with the shorter skirt is it stops the colour overpowering, I think.
Then there is that equal and opposite revelation the contrasting legs in abundance overpowering the skirted plain.

Does this skirt make me look too fat ?
OR am I showing too much leg ?

OldSalt any shorter than what you have here and you would be wearing a tartan belt sash - er maybe a cummerbund !

I go that short in the winter with fleece weight leggings but the colors are not so overpowering.
Think mundane Black or camouflage White.

Nice RED sweater top - long sleeves on Long Island in the summer ? Or maybe a stock back dated photo circa holiday Christmas time - Ho Ho Ho !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Hey skirtyscot where does it hurt :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like short but this is a little to stark for even me The only place I would go would be maybe a private party

RM I see what you mean about toning it down a little. Better

SD I think I got you on this one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

In my somewhat limited experience (3 years) of wearing kilts or skirts I have found 18-21 inches comfortable. I have a couple of 14 inch skirts and a 16 inch but these are really testing my limits as to shortness. Those shorter lengths are generally reserved for activities that won’t include sitting.

My basic barometer is whether my skirt will provide a layer between upholstery and my private bits. The wife strongly discourages me from sitting on furniture or car seats without the back of the skirt being a protective layer for the upholstery. Can’t say I disagree with her.

RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I'm 6 foot 2 and have worn a 12 inch skirt from time to time. No big deal. With my long legs, it looked damn good on me and I got a big thrill from wearing it.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Regular Guy wrote:In my somewhat limited experience (3 years) of wearing kilts or skirts I have found 18-21 inches comfortable. I have a couple of 14 inch skirts and a 16 inch but these are really testing my limits as to shortness. Those shorter lengths are generally reserved for activities that won’t include sitting.

My basic barometer is whether my skirt will provide a layer between upholstery and my private bits. The wife strongly discourages me from sitting on furniture or car seats without the back of the skirt being a protective layer for the upholstery. Can’t say I disagree with her.

RG
Yes one downside of mini skirts; I often worry about sitting on public seating and in trains, feeling the seating material on my legs afraid that I will pick up some terrible skin complaint. Although we do go sitting on public toilet seats when we have to, but with the same trepidation.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

what the heck one more photo. Out running errands
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

It's been said here often that the invisible skirt is the denim one the same length as a pair of men's shorts would be. But your skirt is almost literally invisible, under that hoodie! Is it unseasonably cold round New York way?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

To see for myself how to answer this question, I did some experiments.
I took an already short skirt with an elastic band and pinned the hem at 9". With the waistband at the level of the top of my hipbone, I just was decent at the front but not at the back. For a second test, I pinned the skirt at 10". Now both sides were decent but only just. 11" was already tried. My conclusion is that 12" is the limit for me but only with standing and walking on rather level ground.
P1010324qq.jpg
P1010330qq.jpg
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Beachlion I don't care if they are 9 ,10 or 11 They all look like a 10
saltwood

Post by saltwood »

Isn't it just a case of what you're comfortable wearing. So, I have very lightweight pleated mini skirts and I have heavyweight utility skirt/kilt. If you feel nervous wearing something why put yourself through the pain? If you feel good going long then play with long and weight of fabric. If you like short and feel good in short go short. There's little point analysing it to death because like any statistics you can get to any answer you want. There are always practicalities to consider like if you really want to go commando then really short doesn't work. It doesn't work for girls with no dangly bits so it certainly won't work for a bloke with. I think wearing a skirt is all about expressing myself and how I feel 'in the moment'. There is no right or wrong, there's only being true to myself. Anything Else means being really self conscious and uneasy which is not a recipe for happy skirt wearing.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

saltwood wrote:...I think wearing a skirt is all about expressing myself and how I feel 'in the moment'. There is no right or wrong, there's only being true to myself. Anything Else means being really self conscious and uneasy which is not a recipe for happy skirt wearing.
Exactly.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron