how short can you go in skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: how short can you go in skirts

Post by RichardA »

Being Joe Blunt as I am, it is not how short a skirt should go,
but how do your legs look in a short skirts.... now be honest with yourselves.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

RichardA wrote:Being Joe Blunt as I am, it is not how short a skirt should go,

That would seem to be a position of vanity. Some wear skirts for comfort, not looks.

My legs are short, hairy, muscular, and frequently scratched up. They would not fit a feminine definition of "nice legs" but probably OK for a man or gorilla. I'm not trying to compete with anyone.
Last edited by Jim on Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

crfriend wrote:The post from Knickson was deleted because it violated several precepts of what's acceptable in an age-open forum and -- worse -- was in a publicly accessible area.
Would you mind listing each of the violations please ?
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Knickson wrote:
crfriend wrote:The post from Knickson was deleted because it violated several precepts of what's acceptable in an age-open forum and -- worse -- was in a publicly accessible area.
Would you mind listing each of the violations please ?
You can find the Rules of Skirt Cafe' listed HERE
There is a link to the Rules at the top of each forum and on the main page.

Rules #3 and #4 come to the top of my mind when reading a description of the post.
The ONLY place that is photo-protected is in the "Pic-N-Looks" section.
This Cafe' is a "Family-Friendly" Cafe' and is open to members and their families.

Would YOU want YOUR CHILD to view the offending post :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

With all the BS I caused on some of the other blogs I figured I owed the café at least a photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Good looking outfit, oldsalt1. :D
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Is that a dress or matching top and bottom?
It looks good on you but I could not wear it due to the shape of my body. :(

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Jim wrote:
RichardA wrote:Being Joe Blunt as I am, it is not how short a skirt should go,

That would seem to be a position of vanity. Some wear skirts for comfort, not looks.

My legs are short, hairy, muscular, and frequently scratched up. They would not fit a feminine definition of "nice legs" but probably OK for a man or gorilla. I'm not trying to compete with anyone.

I have Said it before, way back along time ago but will say it again.

When is it vanity over practical?
Be safe be practical.

I don't think anyone female or male should wear skirts shorter than 3 or 4 inches above the knee.

You can do what you want at home not in public.

Skirts shorter than knee length loose all practical ness.

Exposing your self while bending or barely leaning over is not practical at all.

Or the fear of every breeze or staircase you encounter causing potential exposure is not practical.

Women in short skirts can be seen as easy. Men in short skirts can appear to be pervy.

Wear what you want at home.

You don't do the MIS cause any favors. Running around in a miniskirt accidentally exposing yourself.

I have had three women tell me I have nice leg's
My mother, my wife, and a friend's wife ( that was nice compliment but sort of awkward)

I sometimes still feel exposure self conscience in a knee length heavy weight kilt.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Its a duboju shirt and afibu skirt both of which I got on amazon The brand names are insignificant there are many different brand names on amazon

Mishawakaskirt The outfit above I would reserve for a private party . or house visit

I don't believe what we wear should be governed by the distance of the hem from our knees . I know I wear shorter skirts than many on the café.

While I am no fashion plate I think I look decent. How you carry yourself is what is important .

I am not bringing up the issue of going commando . I wouldn't do that around the house.

If while I am bending down say to pick up a golf ball or a sudden gust of wind exposes a little underware. so what. That alone isn't going to be the deciding factor as to
if they approve or disapprove of what I am wearing and why are they looking there in the first place

If you are not mindful of what you have on you could expose yourself while wearing a midi skirt

I have seen men with baggy oversized shorts expose their under ware while sitting.
Last edited by oldsalt1 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

From personal experience I'd say that it's more down to one's geometry (i.e. the length of the legs as a fraction of one's height and the length of the long bones in the legs relative to one another) and one's temperament than anything else. Setting also plays a role. What I wear on the week-end is different from what I wear during the week (or if there's going to be Corporate brass in the office).

I am fortunate in that I am pretty well balanced with the ratio of legs to trunk and that I have reasonably lengthy femurs. Technically, I could wear a skirt that was 6 or 7 inches above the knee, but I'd not feel comfortable with that; about 4 or 5 is as short as I go. My fingertips fall to about 5" above the top of my knees and that's the general length at which miniskirts start at. If I was stocky with short legs compared to my torso the length of the hemline would have to be adjusted to accommodate for that difference -- it really is down to one's personal dimensions.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

With good skirtmanship-with particular attention to sitting-members should do well in miniskirts.

With good skirtmanship, I don't think that this individual preference will cause a problem for MIS.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have long and short skirts as well as kilts, as for how short I would go, say Knee area. Some of mine are just over the knee's, That's it for me,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My skirts are just above the knee. That is the same length that I wear shorts. That is my optimism length for stride, sitting, getting in and out of a car, high enough for stepping over rocks and logs.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I'll go mid thigh anytime - thats pretty standard for my hemline - but I will wear shorter than fingertip - around thumb length would be as short as I would go - any shorter and I would definitely wear pantyhose !
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

here is a shorter skirt. I find this length fine to wear and have several skirts all around this hemline. (12'' length) worn up on my waist
Image Image

and another this one pleated in leather (12'' length) worn up on my waist.
Image Image

this is the shortest skirt I have ever worn in public - well to a big fancy dress party - so not really fully public - but almost. (9.5'' length) worn on my waist, so designed to be a little risque. In reality not bad to wear - I was a bit nervous.