Museum trip

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
eightofnine

Museum trip

Post by eightofnine »

Im on the bus to meet a work colleague to go see the terracotta army .I'm wearing a skirt .I've never been around my city centre so not sure how lee will react . No turning back now
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Museum trip

Post by oldsalt1 »

He will probably give you a crazy look at first Maybe a comment than 3 minutes later it will be like nothing was different
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

I've just returned from the city centre .Lee never even commented about what i was wearing .I am not sure if it was because i had a jacket wrapped around my waist or he didn't notice or he doesn't care .Either way it was pretty uneventful ,the terracotta army was a little disappointing there was 7 full figures and some pottery and what not .I had to book the tickets in advance £15 .We had a meal in a local weatherpersons and had a walk around its been a really hot day today .I am glad i didn't wear pants. It was absolutely roasting on the bus ride home .
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Were you back at work today, and if so, were you the talk of the steamie?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sounds great! Any picture of your ensemble?
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

this is what i was wearing not sure if my friend thought i had shorts on .I took a jacket out i didnt think it was going to be as hot as it was .
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Looks like shorts had you not told me :roll: any chance we can see the skirt without the jumper around your waist? :wink:
Last edited by Kilty on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

You look fine in the photo without the jacket. I wouldn't hesitate going out in that outfit.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

Caultron wrote:You look fine in the photo without the jacket. I wouldn't hesitate going out in that outfit.
thanks ,i took the jacket out just in case it might rain .
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

eightofnine wrote:Image
Looks great! Its what all guys should wear in this hot weather! :wink:
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

Thanks it's part 2 i'm on a bus wearing a skirt meeting the same colleague. To go see a movie dead pool 2.My mum is home she is the one against me wearing a skirt and had an argument with when I refused to put trousers on to go see a movie with them .So I wasn't sure how she would react I wrapped a sweater around my waste and she never said anything .Im feeling a lot more confident .hopefully my work colleague lee will be the same as last week as I have already bought the tickets
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

eightofnine wrote:Thanks it's part 2 i'm on a bus wearing a skirt meeting the same colleague. To go see a movie dead pool 2.My mum is home she is the one against me wearing a skirt and had an argument with when I refused to put trousers on to go see a movie with them .So I wasn't sure how she would react I wrapped a sweater around my waste and she never said anything .Im feeling a lot more confident .hopefully my work colleague lee will be the same as last week as I have already bought the tickets
Just keep on skirting every other day! Get a little variety too, perhaps a midi pencil skirt or two for the colder months, plus some tights? Tell her that in Deadpool 2 there's a scene where Deadpool himself is in heels :mrgreen: If she saw it was a non-event (everyone is too wrapped up in their lives to worry about your skirt) then perhaps it wouldn't be a problem... post a pic of your ensemble, I'm sure Lee will not have a problem with your outfit either :wink: Just tell him the skirt is cooler than shorts if he even bothers to ask... Might pave the way to be more flamboyant at work, too! I'm sure a decent plain coloured grey or navy pencil like I've got on (Matalan, £12) would suffice, with light denier tights or shaved legs. You certainly won't need that sweater today :sunny:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

In that first picture it is hard to tell that you are wearing a skirt. It could be shorts, so the casual onlooker would assume that is what it is. However in motion it would be easier to tell. I doubt your pal failed to spot that it was a skirt.

Good look, BTW.

Any report of what happened after your second skirted outing with the colleague?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

i was wearing the same skirt as last week just a star wars t shirt which was different .I don't my work friend noticed .I went up to our clothing department for a quick look around before the end of my shift and i spotted a skirt that i liked the look of .So after work i went and bought one i was going to pay for it when he spotted me .A female college look at it said it was a nice skirt for me ,then lee look at it and he asked if it was for my mum so i said no it was for me he seamed a little surprised .so he said ok .I got a size to small for me though had to take it back and i seen him again .he asked what i was doing so i told him the skirt was too small he never commented on it .the photo is the new skirt i bought