Noticability

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Noticability

Post by Mark as in Mark »

I have worn black skirts, gray skirts, navy, blue, brown, and red skirts, floral skirts and purple skirts many times out in public. Does the color of the skirt draw additional attention? In my case probably not. I draw attention to me by the fact I wear high heels with the skirts. Almost all of my heels make that head turning unmistakable sound when walking on floors that are not carpeted. Most comments I get when out and about are about the heels and not the skirt. Do any of you pay attention to a female walking wearing a skirt and sneakers? Yes, but not very often. But if this woman was wearing high heels that have that wonderful recognizable sound that high heels make, then that's what got your initial attention. Will colors draw attention? Maybe, but I'll never know! :D
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I have worn black skirts, gray skirts, navy, blue, brown, and red skirts, floral skirts and purple skirts many times out in public. Does the color of the skirt draw additional attention? In my case probably not. I draw attention to me by the fact I wear high heels with the skirts. Almost all of my heels make that head turning unmistakable sound when walking on floors that are not carpeted. Most comments I get when out and about are about the heels and not the skirt. Do any of you pay attention to a female walking wearing a skirt and sneakers? Yes, but not very often. But if this woman was wearing high heels that have that wonderful recognizable sound that high heels make, then that's what got your initial attention. Will colors draw attention? Maybe, but I'll never know! :D
You have legs most women would kill for, that, plus the heels which most women wished they could manage to walk in all day :roll: I've seen women struggle in heels, tottering about like a newborn calf - so heels don't suit everybody :) Naturally if one is wearing a formal skirt, you enhance your look with some nice shoes. For me, boots and booties will do, others are further along the sartorial spectrum 8) I would even wear trainers (sneakers) with a jean skirt and tights as I have seen some girls do. I think everyone has to find a look that works for them, naturally it will turn heads as men aren't supposed to look fabulous :mrgreen: even in a kilt I have gotten looks, but kilts are not common either.

For me, it has to be a block heel if the boot is high, just for balance :oops: :wink:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I must say that when I'm out in a skirt and heels, the few comments I get are usually about the heels. The top two are, "Why are you wearing heels?" and, "Wow, you really know how to walk in those shoes."

In a utility kilt and heels I get more comments about the kilt. Then again, with a kilt, I usually wear oxford heels which, being lace-ups, are possibly less feminine than pumps or sandals.

Walking in heels has never been especially difficult for me, which makes me wonder why some women have so much trouble. I suspect it's bad fit, weak ankles, or both, but I've never gone into the details with women having that problem.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron