Poll: If M.I.S. where made illegal, would you do it anyway?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

If M.I.S. where made illegal, would you do it anyway?

YES
93%
NO
7%

Total votes: 29

Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Poll: If M.I.S. where made illegal, would you do it anyw

Post by Stu »

It is gratifying to see that this poll shows a majority on here agree with me that criminalising males from wearing a piece of fabric in a particular style would be so unacceptable that defying the law would be a reasonable and necessary response. I can understand anyone on here being unwilling to flout the laws of the land. Nevertheless, there comes a point at which we all have to stand up and be counted, and take whatever punishment the state chooses to dole out, otherwise we end up losing all our precious and hard-won freedoms.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

I swore an oath and signed a piece of paper offering my life to protect the Constitution of the USA, which includes the first amendment. Start telling me what I can't wear and we're going to have a problem.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
tbryant2k12

Post by tbryant2k12 »

Funny how for thousands of years, skirt and dress like garments were the only thing that men and women wore. And it's only because of some stupid gender and social norms that we have this. There should be no restrictions on what men and women can wear.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

I wonder how Women would similarly vote if their wearing of trousers/pants/slacks was made illegal.
DonP

Post by DonP »

No. It's not that big of a deal for me. I would just wear pants or shorts. I don't mind bucking social norms, but breaking the law for something so trivial isn't for me. I don't even park illegally. Campaigning for change is more my style.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Maybe, the history of clothing should be included in the curriculum of history classes.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

beachlion wrote:If that was the case, I would move to a better spot. I find it very difficult to live between such idiots. If I was not married, I was already back in Europe, sunning on a Greec island or a French beach.
With the hysterical behavior in some parts of the USA, even a minor incident might be blown up and nobody knows how it will end with those elected judges.
hink again about living ithe old world. Almost being obliged to drive an EV, not allowed to eat your meat (almst becoming an outcast), only are allowed to give political correct statements. Hence, maybe the neighbours grass is greener again?