Slips as shapewear and as undergarments

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Slips as shapewear and as undergarments

Post by skirtpettiman »

I always wear slips and / or basic petticoats under my skirts and black punk utility kilts. Saves having to wash more expensive skirts and kilts as often. They also act as extra insulating layers in cooler weather. I have no problem buying such items from Amazon, which is where I've purchased most of my skirts, kilts, slips and petticoats.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

I have started wearing a half-slip with my utility kilt to provide a bit more coverage when a gust of wind might flip the front flaps of the kilt about.
Though I also always wear tights (pantyhose). :wink:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have looked in the shops recently for a full slip and there are very few about. What there are aren't really suitable as they have a low V-neck, obviously for showing off the decolletage, which I don't have. I can see why they have this - to cater for the common decolletage of a lot of dresses. I suppose that since the slip won't be seen it doesn't really matter but it just rankles a little. I suppose that some nightdresses in a nylon, rayon or silk material look very similar and one of those would probably do.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

shadowfax wrote:I have started wearing a half-slip with my utility kilt to provide a bit more coverage when a gust of wind might flip the front flaps of the kilt about.
I know the problem with the Utilikilts, the aprons being rather narrow. I'll wear a skater skirt under them.

Skater skirt worn under a traditional kilt as a general protector
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

GerdG wrote:
shadowfax wrote:I have started wearing a half-slip with my utility kilt to provide a bit more coverage when a gust of wind might flip the front flaps of the kilt about.
I know the problem with the Utilikilts, the aprons being rather narrow. I'll wear a skater skirt under them.
I considered that idea Gerd but thought that it might add a little too much extra warmth as spring approaches here in the UK. :wink:
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

question: do pens require slips or anti slip?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Gusto10 wrote:question: do pens require slips or anti slip?
Of you mean pencil skirts, no, not necessarily, but if they're above the knee, as most are, you should wear something.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

One more reason to wear a slip or half-slip: they might help the skirt stay cleaner regarding personal hygiene IF one wants to go commando. (Undies occasionally get soiled!)

Sometimes I have problems: while I'm wearing a slip, a skirt sometimes slides downward because there is less friction; a belt is the solution. Or sometimes a half-slip rides up or down compared to the skirt, which is annoying.

I have both kinds of slips but don't wear them much.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!