Dogs are great!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Dogs are great!

Post by skirtedMarine »

Sometimes, You can see a dog smile with the face, but mostly you'll see them smile with the tail, always unconditional love, if you love them back, no matter what trials and tribulations you think you're going through, a dog's love is steadfast! Perhaps we should all be like dogs to eachother!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dogs are great!

Post by Kirbstone »

Couldn't agree more, SkM.

We have (now) five of them and each one gives individual unconditional love, not least our Benjy, all 98 lbs. of him, now eleven and still in fine fettle, but his clock is ticking....

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am soon to have the company of two dogs, one a German long haired Shepard (Read shedding a new rug every day. :lol: ) the other a poodle breed (not the French type). I just had a pen built for them to have a protected place to run and play. They are my daughters dogs and she will be staying with me until they get a new house and their old one in Denver sells. I love those dogs so it will be a great time for all. My youngest grandson (21) will be here as well to help take care of them.
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

Thanks Guys, an honor to hear from you!
Fricking awesome dog Tom!
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

I know what you're talking about Fred, I had to put my golden down, but I could have made a carpet for the Tashmahal with her hair every other day!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtedMarine wrote:I know what you're talking about Fred, I had to put my golden down, but I could have made a carpet for the Tashmahal with her hair every other day!
Sorry to hear about that, sir. That always stinks.

But I can identify with the amount of shedding that can go on!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I wish all humans were as nice as dogs. Sadly dogs lives are shorter and is like losing members of family. I lost 2 recently, one 10 yo bitten by a snake and one 17 yo with a heart attack when chasing a feral cat.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

skirtedMarine wrote:I know what you're talking about Fred, I had to put my golden down, but I could have made a carpet for the Tashmahal with her hair every other day!
I have had two dogs that grew old and died sudden like. I still feel sad every time I think about them, and that has been 10 years now for one of them and six years for the other. Both were lap dogs. One a schitzue(SP) and the other a sooner. (Sooner be one or the other). I really took it hard when they died and really never got over it. These dogs are my daughters and I usually only get to see them at Christmas when I would go to Denver to see the family.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

denimini wrote:I wish all humans were as nice as dogs. Sadly dogs lives are shorter and is like losing members of family. I lost 2 recently, one 10 yo bitten by a snake and one 17 yo with a heart attack when chasing a feral cat.
I feel ya! What kind of snake got your 10 yr old dog?
( no snakes in Hawaii, except the human kind!)
Its been a long time since I've been to Austrailia.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Dogs do have a downside, especially when you are skirted, they are often determined to stick their noses in unwanted places, bad enough when you are trousered but rather more embarrassing when kilted or skirted!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

skirtedMarine wrote: I feel ya! What kind of snake got your 10 yr old dog?
( no snakes in Hawaii, except the human kind!)
Its been a long time since I've been to Austrailia.
It was a common brown snake, certainly the most common around here and the most venomous. I don't know how it happened as Jessie was normally good with snakes, keeping away, pointing and barking. I personally have had a few close calls with snakes, although I too am good with them, keeping away.
You are lucky not having snakes.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

We thank St. Patrick, of course, who stood on the shore dressed in all his regalia, mitre & all, banged his staff into the rocks and banished all snakes from the island of Ireland. You can see the little beggars in the picture, leaping into the sea and getting drowned. :eye:

Truth is that with the recession of the ice and the migration Northwards through Europe of small animals such as snakes the sea levels also rose and while they could migrate into Britain as the English Channel was still dry, the Irish Sea was already flooded, being deeper and they didn't make it over here. Neither did newts & voles and number of other small creatures, which are absent here to this day. :D

Homo Sapiens was clever of course. They built boats and brought their dogs with them, mainly wolfhounds.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !