A day at the VA clinic.....

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: A day at the VA clinic.....

Postby skirtyscot » Sat May 11, 2019 7:38 am

The red and black looks a fine outfit for a spring day. But come the summer you might want some lighter footwear
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Postby oldsalt1 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Ok guys the final step as I mentioned I have a big fear about wearing my skirts into the VA From the last vew posts you can see that my caseworker is very much in favor of my showing up to group skirted.

She said that it would not only help me but it might be beneficial to some of the other members of the group that alternative methods of coping are good.

She suggested that instead of just walking into group in a skirt it would be better to bring up the subject first.

This is what happened at my group this past Friday. First off the group is usually about 15 men this week everybody showed up there were 22 veterans and myself sitting in the room.

She started the session with a discussion that alternative methods of coping can be useful Than she kind of directed the conversation.

You have to understand my apprehension I am sitting in a room with 22 men all of whom are in the process of dealing with combat induced PTSD And I am about to say Guys you know I wear skirts. .

Well I did it than I quickly explained how they help me relax and are a diversion to my dwelling on my problems.

Talk about good comments are king I did not get one derogatory comment. Everybody was 100% positive.

I even got a couple of "you have a big pair of balls to bring the subject up and admit it. "

Well the die is cast and basically for the next session this coming Friday I am expected to show up in a skirt.

I still have my meeting with my shrink on Thursday which I am going to wear the outfit above with the red shirt.

This is what I plan to wear for Fridays group session. Comments please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Fred in Skirts » Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 pm

OS, the outfit you have on in the picture is perfect for the meeting. It is not too fem and will be taken by the group as fantastic. You will not be unhappy with the responses you will receive.
Fred :kiltdance:

:whistle: Hi I am Fred and I wear skirts and dresses all of the time. :hooray:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Mon May 13, 2019 11:58 pm

No deltas on that one, Sir. Perfect if the weather is up to it. (It's March again up here a few miles to your north and there's talk about an inch or two of snow.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby skirtyscot » Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Personally I would go for something an inch or two longer, but you like them short, so if you'll be comfortable with it, go for it. I suspect that the length won't matter one whit; all the guys will see is that it is a skirt.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Chirp » Wed May 15, 2019 1:14 am

1st of Thank you for your service. As well as to all the other vets and ones serving.
Thank you for being brave and coming out the group, Help comes in many styles, If its a skirt so be it,
I see nothing wrong with your out fit,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Chirp

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men