A day at the VA clinic.....

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: A day at the VA clinic.....

Postby Sinned » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Oh, as to changing that's easy. I wore my skirt inside the top part of my trousers and in a quiet spot took my trousers off, the skirt moving naturally down covering the activity. The reverse when I got to work was to done the trousers and pull them up inside my skirt, do up the waist, zip and belt and then down with the skirt. I only really had to find a quiet spot en route.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A day at the VA clinic.....

Postby kilty » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:13 pm

weeladdie18 wrote:As we have been talking about Biological Conditions and Psycological Conditions ....I got to a point where I was trying to understand my
need to wear a skirt....My G.P. arranged a consultation with the local Geneo Unary Clinic ( you all know what I mean ...G.U.M. Clinic.
It was really a series of lectures from consultant Professors and female medical students....A lot of ground was covered but it did not change my
attitude.....the whole thing is a suggestion that we think there is some kind of problem when there is no problem.
Over the years and more recently on this forum I have found that we all just accept the Idea that we wish to wear a skirt and no one really cares
how we project our life style......I have reached a situation where I am confident wearing a skirt, and always wear a skirt unless I think there
is likely to be a problem. Then I either wear a skirt or do not wear a skirt....no one passes comment either way.
The big thing about " The man in a skirt " is that he is just a man who wears a skirt....I no longer see any issues.....I see the skirt as a male garment
for leisure wear.....My Kilt wearing is a more formal and traditional style of dress. I have been lucky in so far as I have worn the Kilt formally
with traditional Kilt wearers for forty years. The problems start when one tries to wear the Kilt , but does not know how to wear the Kilt.
With regard to the question which was asked ....should I wear a skirt for this appointment ? .... my answer is I am retired and I am confident to
wear a skirt if I wish to dress in that style....The choice is yours....based upon your experience of dressing as a " man in a skirt "
Most of our friends would say,.... " just think it through and go for it . You know how to dress for an appointment. If you wish....
Wear a suitable skirt instead of trousers. .... Best of luck." ..........weeladdie.

Very good advice! Formal pencil skirts suffice for me, and clean underwear! Wear something comfortable and easy to pull up if need be. GUM (Genito Urinary Medicine) clinics are used to all sorts of dress, so a skirt is no issue. If youre just "a man in a skirt" and still yourself it's no big deal.

Kilts can be worn wrong, many do not know how to look casual in a kilt, or miss off vitals like the Sporran or even a kilt pin... or worse team it with trainers / sneakers... I sww one guy wear his kilt with Moccasin shoes and white socks... :roll:
kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men