Support from the wife

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Support from the wife

Post by skirtyscot »

Stu wrote: You will get FAR more reaction in a traditional Scottish kilt, or even a pair of bright pink trousers, than a simple denim skirt.
That may well be true, Stu. However I carried out an experiment at the weekend, and I can report that the pink trousers got much less of a reaction than either the blue denim skirt or the navy blue cord skirt. However both were worn with tights, and that may have affected the results.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

And my wife did not complain about any of them, except when I changed from trousers to skirt shortly before we caught the bus to the airport for the flight home. She thought she was in for a full day of me in trousers, which she still quite clearly prefers. My explanation that skirts are more comfortable when sitting down (bus, plane, car) did not persuade her, despite me pointing out that things are different for men and women in this regard, so her experience that they are equally comfortable cannot be expected to coincide with mine.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

... And I was comfortable enough to sleep for 2.5 hours on the plane, so I was fresh enough to drive home at 12.30 a.m. while she finally got some shut-eye. She should learn to tell when she is on to a good thing.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtyscot wrote:... And I was comfortable enough to sleep for 2.5 hours on the plane, so I was fresh enough to drive home at 12.30 a.m. while she finally got some shut-eye. She should learn to tell when she is on to a good thing.
Grudging tolerance is far from being the best of all possible worlds but it's well, um, tolerable.

At least it lets you wear what you want.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

skirtyscot wrote:
Stu wrote: You will get FAR more reaction in a traditional Scottish kilt, or even a pair of bright pink trousers, than a simple denim skirt.
That may well be true, Stu. However I carried out an experiment at the weekend, and I can report that the pink trousers got much less of a reaction than either the blue denim skirt or the navy blue cord skirt. However both were worn with tights, and that may have affected the results.
Alastair - I can see that visible tights would make a difference, and also the time of year. How many men are wearing denim shorts in Scotland at the moment? I bet you get a different reaction on a warm summer's day - no tights of course.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:
skirtedMarine wrote:Its ok with me if a man wears a skirt, Just not My Man!
And there it is right there... To my knowledge Jenn has never called me "her man". To say that implies I am her property. I am NOT. Nor is she "my woman".

Slaves are property. I am neither slave nor property. I am her husband, her friend, and a few others things, but I'm NOT her property.

And that my friends is the key that unlocks that door.

Yes, I am too much for most women to handle. They want someone they can control and dominate. No matter, this is the life I have chosen.

You're not My slave nor are you my property. You're my husband, Best- friend, my companion, lover and a father to Amber. I don't believe in making someone property. That's like real estate and I don't own you nor will I ever.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Do you think you could find karaoke with Tammy Wynette songs on it in your part of the world? You only have to stand by him, not own him.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair