Before I Wore Skirts I Never...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JoePublic

Re: Before I Wore Skirts I Never...

Post by JoePublic »

Mark as in Mark wrote:more examples.....
IMG_9516 reduced.jpg
IMG_9514 reduced.jpg
IMG_9384 reduced.jpg
IMG_9383 reduced.jpg
Thanks for the advice, Mark! I guess with pencil skirts you naturally keep your knees together due to the style and restriction of the skirt, that does help a lot. Sometimes I cross my legs like a lady but most times I just cross them at the ankles with my knees together. I think I will try putting a hand on my skirt near my hem when I get off a stool to prevent any unwanted mishaps, though I realize there's no point to agonize or draw too much attention. This is just a smarter alternative to trousers after all, and no big deal. Might have to get a handbag soon as most of my skirts have no pockets, something else I never worried for as a guy in regular drab... :roll:
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

I never worried about what kind of underwear I was wearing

Never tried to coordinate shirts and bottoms so much

Never bought so much off ebay only to find it didnt fit

Never wondered what people were thinking about how I was dressed
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Had to run and change my panty hose I was sitting at my desk and 5 minutes before an insurance auditor was due I looked down and saw the run
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Clear nail varnish is your friend. No need to paint your nails - just your runs ;-)
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

...felt a tug on my hem as I walked out of a cluttered space - followed by the unmistakable sounds of an avalanche of 'things', that would have to be cleared up when I could next find the time.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

JoePublic wrote:Might have to get a handbag soon as most of my skirts have no pockets, something else I never worried for as a guy in regular drab... :roll:
I've been putting pockets on most of my skirts just because there are occasions when they are handy. I never really used my pants pockets for cargo very much. I just hate sitting down with all my stuff in my pockets, especially sitting down in a car. The same applies to skirts, but there are many times when a quick spot to drop keys or a ticket or something instead of always having to have your purse with you is very handy. In cooler weather a jacket's pockets can serve the same purpose, and I usually wear a shirt with a pocket or two at all times of the year. I never go out for very long or very far without my purse, but this is not because I wear skirts.
Daryl...
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Mark as in Mark wrote:more examples.....t
Love your outfits Mark. Having also lost most of my hair, I'm also a big fan of the bald head and hoop earrings, they look great on you!!

Cheers
Tes
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

What happened to Mark's Pinterest page? It seems to have disappeared....
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Ray wrote:What happened to Mark's Pinterest page? It seems to have disappeared....
It's there for me, showing he posted nine hours ago.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Do you have a link, by any chance? I'm puzzled about the fact that I can no longer access the page. I love Mark's aesthetic.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Ray wrote:Do you have a link, by any chance? I'm puzzled about the fact that I can no longer access the page. I love Mark's aesthetic.
Try https://pin.it/7belhgjrdmbrgy
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Two more things: before I wore skirts I never...

...knew what my size was in womens clothing size systems.

...considered patterns for my bottom garment. Now my range includes plaids and tartans as well as geometric and floral prints.
Daryl...
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

I always assumed skirts were a lot cheaper than trousers, in some cases they are, but if I buy a designer skirt, or just a few regular priced skirts it all adds up :shock: and then I need tights of different shades, thicknesses, boots or booties, and a few turtle neck tops as well as a handbag as most skirts have no pockets or ones that do are tiny :roll:

With jeans the biggest decision is shoes or sneakers (trainers). Been wearing just simple black pencil skirts with grey or black tights of late and a contrasting top. Might get some blouses, even perhaps a floral one as the weather warms up 8) still a little nervous though whilst out and about :(
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Had any idea what a pair of "thigh high's " were
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thigh highs are a pair of stockings with elastic at the top to keep them held up. The advantages of stockings without the disadvantages of tights.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.