Kittens and skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Kittens and skirts

Post by Big and Bashful »

A couple of nights ago the mother of my 4 week old kittens managed to get run over for the second time, this time she lost the rest of her 8 remaining lives and left me with 3 none weaned kittens.This morning I was having a conversation with one of my mates, sitting in the front room of my hoose, as you do. I am wearing one of my favourite ankle length Style J skirts, light denim and almost a floor dragger. While we were chatting the kittens came over to me and were having a great time playing with the skirt, hiding under it and trying to climb up it. My previous cats also seemed to enjoy lying on my feet under the skirts.
It just isn't the same in breeks or in jeans!
At least the kittens are now mostly accepting formula milk from a shallow dish, well 2 are, one is still a problem but I am getting there, I think.
Going to be a nice quiet furry christmas with this lot and the other 2 adult cats around!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Kittens and skirts

Post by crfriend »

I'm awfully sorry to hear about the momcat (not to be confused with tomcat), but in a pinch with an unweaned kitten, if you don't have a proper bottle/nipple setup, you can use an eye-dropper with a plastic tip. The key here is to try and not get too much air into the kitten. BTDT.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Problem with village life in the evening, when you don't have a dropper in the house, is not having open shops to buy droppers from. Still, they (the kittens) made it to the morning and I have the bits they need now.
The kittens were so lucky to make it to birth and beyond, considering they were in the mum the first time she got run over, and through the major injections of methadone painkiller and steroids to prevent brain damage! She had just conceived and wasn't showing any signs. At least she left a little furry legacy.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'm sorry to hear of the demise of the mother. We have lost two males recently to cars. Both highly intelligent but not used to busy roads and there's no way really you can educate them about the dangers. All our cats now are house cats.

My daughter breeds bengals and she is quite expert at feeding kittens that are days old with kitten milk, under the tutelage of MOH. She has made mistakes and some have not survived but she is good now at judging how dilute to make the milk. She has found that antibiotics at the appropriate time can help as gut infections are very easy to come by. Her latest one was very near death's door several times as it was the smallest of a litter of nine and couldn't feed off the mother but is now gaining weight and thriving. Very satisfying.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

I am enjoying mothering the kitlets, with a few exceptions, last night I thought one was going to die on me, he threw up the milk he had drunk then got incredibly listless, head flopping around, no energy at all, I couldn't tell if his breathing was good or bad, I even phoned the vets emergency number. 2 hours later he was jumping and bouncing around as mad as ever. I think he just came over all incredibly tired, still, it spooked me!
All three good and playful, using the litter tray, now trying (unsuccessfully so fart) to wean them onto solids. Skirt and shirt covered in milk! Eeh! it's fun.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Big and Bashful wrote:I am enjoying mothering the kitlets, with a few exceptions, last night I thought one was going to die on me, he threw up the milk he had drunk then got incredibly listless, head flopping around, no energy at all, I couldn't tell if his breathing was good or bad, I even phoned the vets emergency number. 2 hours later he was jumping and bouncing around as mad as ever. I think he just came over all incredibly tired, still, it spooked me!
All three good and playful, using the litter tray, now trying (unsuccessfully so fart) to wean them onto solids. Skirt and shirt covered in milk! Eeh! it's fun.
Not a Vet nor do I play one on TV - but careful watch the temperature of the milk and of course it could be lacking motherly ingredients :wink: !
There is special place in heaven for those that comfort and aid animals 8) . Rescue organizations - fosters - adoption facilities.
Woe be to puppy mills your special place is down in the bellows of the earth "Hades" :twisted: !

Merry Kitteness and all the Best for the coming New Year.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Tonight, all three now eating wet kitten food as well as Formula milk stuff. All happily bouncing round and exploring my front room. The sleepy one still has occasional bouts of sleep wherever he drops, which is wierd but seems to work for him. The older generation (father and auntie) seem to be more accepting of the little ones now, which is very good news. Today they haven't got a skirt to play with because I have gone all knee length with the first skirt I ever bought. Things ain't bad, all things considered, kittens playing, g+t nearby and Colonel Failure in the Alps playing on YouTube, it'll do me fine!
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Big and Bashful wrote:A couple of nights ago the mother of my 4 week old kittens managed to get run over for the second time, this time she lost the rest of her 8 remaining lives and left me with 3 none weaned kittens.This morning I was having a conversation with one of my mates, sitting in the front room of my hoose, as you do. I am wearing one of my favourite ankle length Style J skirts, light denim and almost a floor dragger. While we were chatting the kittens came over to me and were having a great time playing with the skirt, hiding under it and trying to climb up it. My previous cats also seemed to enjoy lying on my feet under the skirts.
It just isn't the same in breeks or in jeans!
At least the kittens are now mostly accepting formula milk from a shallow dish, well 2 are, one is still a problem but I am getting there, I think.
Going to be a nice quiet furry christmas with this lot and the other 2 adult cats around!
Mom cats are amazing and I am sure you miss her terribly but it's great that you still have her in a way. I too have discovered that our cats like my long skirts.

One trick I learned somewhere along the way was to fold a cloth to a point and dip it in milk so a kitten can suckle from it and even knead the cloth at the same time the way kittens do to mom cats.

Damn, now I am jealous and want some kittens around again!
Daryl...
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Quick kittenlike structure update;
All three happily eating solids, exploring the front room and removing skin from my bare feet! Playing with each other, getting stuck in to the big cat's food bowls while they look on. The big cats are accepting them now, things are working out nicely. Wearing jeans just now, was supposed to be going on a shopping run and it is still very frosty outside. Also grabbing some video of the kittens for YouTube, still don't want to go totally public in skirts.
The kitties are getting more energetic and less sleepy every day, it's amazing how they change each day!
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Big and Bashful wrote:Quick kittenlike structure update;
All three happily eating solids, exploring the front room and removing skin from my bare feet! Playing with each other, getting stuck in to the big cat's food bowls while they look on. The big cats are accepting them now, things are working out nicely. Wearing jeans just now, was supposed to be going on a shopping run and it is still very frosty outside. Also grabbing some video of the kittens for YouTube, still don't want to go totally public in skirts.
The kitties are getting more energetic and less sleepy every day, it's amazing how they change each day!
Kittens on video! Yay! Who cares about skirts...bring on da kittehs!
Daryl...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Glad your feline charges are out of danger, B&B. Well done.

Have a half-decent Hogmanay and here's to 2018. Btw. Having moved Practice premises, my new 'boss' presented me with a(n outrageously expensive) bottle of Teeling 14 yr-old Single Malt Whiskey. I've tried a tipple and frankly my old palate cannot differentiate it from many a similar tipple at a third the price!

It IS perfectly drinkable, however, so I'm not complaining.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Kittenlike structures are doing really well, they love to curl up on my skirted lap. Climbing up to my lap is interesting, more so with a long skirt, but they are getting the hang of staying on the outside!
I think one of them is going to stay, the first one out loves to climb up me and curl up on my shoulders with his head in my beard. He is also the bravest and the first to stick his head in places where it shouldn't be! as well as the best when it comes down to the matter of the litter tray.