Pleated Pleather Skirt and more!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Pleated Pleather Skirt and more!

Post by photoguy207 »

After looking around for a while. I finally found a pleated skirt that I liked and was able to find one that fits!! I wore it yesterday while working in my office. I wore it with boots and I was rather comfortable. I highly recommend. I usually wear a 16, so I got a XL.

Basic A-Line Flared Pleated Midi Skirt Faux Leather Size XL Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0743CN9SK/re ... lAbQP6D29R
Last edited by photoguy207 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pleated Pleather Skirt

Post by Kirbstone »

Beautiful fun skirt, Photoguy. At 20.5 inches quite short, too. A while ago I fell for the attached glittery number. Very similar, but at 23 inches a bit longer to suit me.

I also take a UK size 16/EUR 44. Sorry for the headless pic.

Tom
Rs Burgundy pleated. 1..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Nice glitter skirt, sir. It's not something I'd wear to work, but it looks like one heck of a fun week-ender!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Both are brilliant skirts. Pleated ones are a favourite of mine. I really like the burgundy colour,
I like colourful skirts- plain seems a bit boring, depending on the skirt.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Interesting. I like the black one myself.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

photoguy207 wrote:After looking around for a while. I finally found a pleated skirt that I liked and was able to find one that fits!! I wore it yesterday while working in my office. I wore it with boots and I was rather comfortable. I highly recommend. I usually wear a 16, so I got a XL.

Basic A-Line Flared Pleated Midi Skirt Faux Leather Size XL Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0743CN9SK/re ... lAbQP6D29R
I have one just like it and love to wear it. My wife not so much; "too girly" she says. I also have one that is ankle length, but I've worn that one only once or twice; for more "formal" occasions.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pleated Pleather Skirt and more!

Post by photoguy207 »

I had to change the name of this thread since I found a few skirts while shopping for my wife at Macy's!

The have a 30% off sale so I ordered a few skirts to check out.

The first one to arrive:
https://m.macys.com/shop/product/city-c ... goryID=131

I love it. The leather is so soft and comfortable. It has really nice pockets on both sides. I didn't want to take it off!! I got the khaki. It also comes in black. The waist is a little stretchy. Which is nice.

The other two:

https://m.macys.com/shop/product/michae ... goryID=131

https://m.macys.com/shop/product/alfani ... goryID=131

I ordered these two out of curiosity. Not sure if I will like them. If not they will go back.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

I really like the blue one- for style and colour. It looks clean and sharp. Keep this one and send the other two back, lol.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I like the Michael Kors black one with the pleats on the sides - flat front appearance.
-BUT- sadly only available in sizes for a person with no waist !

Leather/Pleather - cool and cold at first wearing - warms easily after that - better to have it lined to keep its shape
Stay away from fires and heat - it is flammable and melts - it cuts easily and unlike real leather show cuts and scars
in a not so friendly way although it can be patched with rubber cement like leather

In todays context Pleather is "FAUX" leather but at a significant savings about a half to 2/3's less expensive but back
at the ranch it still won't past muster - they don't have fashion runways west of the Pecos !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

The Michael Kors one arrived in a 16 and it is too small! 18 would be great. But I think it doesn't go bigger. Although I did see one in a 22 maybe after Christmas they will come back in W sizes. I tried to zip it but no luck!! It's a great skirt though. Sad to see it go back!!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

photoguy207 wrote:The Michael Kors one arrived in a 16 and it is too small! 18 would be great. But I think it doesn't go bigger. Although I did see one in a 22 maybe after Christmas they will come back in W sizes. I tried to zip it but no luck!! It's a great skirt though. Sad to see it go back!!
photoguy207

Someone just returned or Macy's restocked the item in size 12 since my last post - but still too small.

So you got yours in a size 16 - what did the WAIST actually measure out to ?
The Size Chart shows two size 16. The later one is getting close to my holy grail.
Now an 18 would be in the ball park - a 20 to 22 getting too much on the end of the fit spectrum.

The website photo with details states the skirt closes with a zipper - yet I do not see one certainly not in the front or back
perhaps left side seam zip ? With a zipper fastening that means no free play like with a spandex elastic waist.

Regarding the "W" sizing that is Women's lacking the W the sizing is in Misses - not much difference but the waist and hip measurements
are very close to the same with the W Women's - with the Misses more of a hourglass shape factoring.

Rare that retailers come back with restocking - making additional sizes available spooling up the fabric and sewing shop and then
shipping off to the places in need with a huge time delay factor it just isn't practical. When you first see something it is best to buy it then/now
and return for adjustment credit later. Even buying more than one size bracketing the fitting charts works.
Retail sellers stock in predictable sizes i.e. 2 size 2 - 4 size 4 - 4 size 6 - 6 size 8 - a dozen in the perfect fitting size 10 - 4 size 12 - 2 size 16 - 1 or 2 size 18.
If you are first in the door or on the internet the size choice is all yours - wait and you are out of luck.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I will measure it for you.

I did just find this:

https://www.bonton.com/product/1279323. ... X27oLG2gcw

I think its the same skirt
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

photoguy207 wrote:I will measure it for you.
I did just find this:
https://www.bonton.com/product/1279323. ... X27oLG2gcw
I think its the same skirt
Thanks !
Have two Bon-Ton (Herbergers) stores within 5 miles of me - don't shop there much as Kohl's often has
a better less expensive selection in sizes that fit ah-hem (clears throat) less than my pristine mature figure ! LOL !

Same ? slightly different pleated design - evident center back seam zipper - yours same left side zip ?
The length of 20 inches (almost knee breaking) is too long for my exposition -but-
the beauty of Pleather it can be easily cut needs virtually no finishing on the hem line.
Only major other alteration is the inside lining needing trimming to hide under the skirt exterior.

Went back and looked at the original website and see they now have added a size 14 - getting closer.
Believe that the size 18 is the best for me almost fit and ready to wear no adjustments.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

The teal marble skirt finally arrived tonight. Very comfortable. Stretchy pencil skirt.

Not sure if I will keep it. I did buy the black version of this skirt:

This is my favorite from this set of purchases. I love the feel and i don't want to take it off!!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

photoguy207 wrote:The teal marble skirt finally arrived tonight. Very comfortable. Stretchy pencil skirt.
Not sure if I will keep it. I did buy the black version of this skirt:
This is my favorite from this set of purchases. I love the feel and i don't want to take it off!!
photoguy207
Did you get a chance to measure this:

https://m.macys.com/shop/product/michae ... goryID=131

in size 16 was the waist a 35 or 38 inches and stretchy ?:
If a stretchy 16 might just fit work waiting on your report.
Thanks

Note that Macy's is showing a size 16 on hand and the 14 is gone !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?