Out shopping

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Out shopping

Post by Tackleberry »

Today I went shopping in Trowbridge and wore a black just below the knee skirt and was in town a good few hours and earlier made a trip to Sainsbury's wearing a denim skirt... :wink:
Clothesfreedom

Re: Out shopping

Post by Clothesfreedom »

2 skirts in a day? Photos please!
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Denim is a favourite of mine too. Forget the over supported use of jeans in the world, as they're a different product altogether, and now usually ripped to shreds even before being sold (probably the best thing to happen to them). In the skirt world denim skirts are very practical and down to earth for casual occasions when you're not out to make any kind of grand statement. Unfortunately the ones on sale now are usually decorated too much for my use with diamante sparkle, embroidery, or loads of buttons, so eBay has to be my source nowadays. They are also usually shapeless which is great for the average straight up and down male contour.

Pete
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Agreed, Pete, but I like 'em with an A-line bit of flare, a fly front and side pockets big enough for my hands. I was lucky enough to come across such an item, Knee-length a few years ago with no 'decorations'.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

A-line is the usual style I expect, and a bit of flare ties in with my preferences too. Skirts which have a more pronounced shaped waist line suited to curvier customers aren't any use to me. Denims tend to be more forgiving. The other thing I don't care much for are denim skirts which have bleached 'worn through' patches across both 'legs'. Work-worn pretence looks crass to me.

Pete