First time out in Utility Kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: First time out in Utility Kilt

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:...I am planning on wearing the kilt with tights what do you think any suggestions
Looks fine.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Go for it. It look fine.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Knee socks would make for a more traditional kilt outfit. The solid tights are good choice too, but with a kilt, the knee socks might be safer, especially if your client is more traditionally minded or has any more knowledge of kilts than the average person in the street.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Went to my client no problems.

The bookkeeper that I did most of my work with said it was a very nice outfit, she especially liked the boots that I wore. She said for a non Irishmen to wear a kilt takes a pair of balls.

Pat my client wanted to take me out to his local pub. He said they would be buying me drinks all night.

I had one problem on the way in I hit a piece of junk on the road and blew out a tire. Now I have changed a few tires in my life , but it was a completely new experience doing it while wearing a kilt :lol: :lol: :lol:
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

oldsalt1 wrote:Went to my client no problems.

The bookkeeper that I did most of my work with said it was a very nice outfit, she especially liked the boots that I wore. She said for a non Irishmen to wear a kilt takes a pair of balls.

Pat my client wanted to take me out to his local pub. He said they would be buying me drinks all night.

I had one problem on the way in I hit a piece of junk on the road and blew out a tire. Now I have changed a few tires in my life , but it was a completely new experience doing it while wearing a kilt :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm glad that the visit to the Irish client went well for you oldsalt1. :) Seems like you made a good impression there.

Sorry to hear about about the puncture. Not so easy to maintain one's dignity whilst crouching down to remove and refit the wheel whilst wearing a kilt. :wink:
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:I had one problem on the way in I hit a piece of junk on the road and blew out a tire. Now I have changed a few tires in my life , but it was a completely new experience doing it while wearing a kilt :lol: :lol: :lol:
........................ :sofnny:
I have fixed that problem, so I don't need to fix tires on the roadside. I call roadside assistance that I have through my auto insurance company. I let them do the dirty work while I sit near by and have a cold soft drink. :pint:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:I had one problem on the way in I hit a piece of junk on the road and blew out a tire. Now I have changed a few tires in my life , but it was a completely new experience doing it while wearing a kilt :lol: :lol: :lol:
........................ :sofnny:
I have fixed that problem, so I don't need to fix tires on the roadside. I call roadside assistance that I have through my auto insurance company. I let them do the dirty work while I sit near by and have a cold soft drink. :pint:
How long do you have to wait while you can do it in about 10 minutes yourselves?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I have the roadside assistance from both my insurance company and thru Subaru . The problem was that on the Expressway during rush hour It would probably take well over an hour for them to get to me .

I was on my way to a meeting with one of my clients, and I didn't want to be late.

Changing a tire is a simple thing it takes a few minutes. I have changed many in my life , Its just that this is the first time I ever did it on the side of a major highway while wearing a kilt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Gusto10 wrote:How long do you have to wait while you can do it in about 10 minutes yourselves?
Around my way only about 5 to 6 mins. And it keeps me from getting dirty as well as having a heart attack while trying to get the damn wheel off the car with the small tire wrench they give in the tool kit. So to me it is well worth letting some young buck do the dirty work instead of me.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Link to Shadowfax's Outfits

Post by shadowfax »

Thought that folks might find it helpful to have a link here to what happened next in my adventures in skirts? :wink:

Shadowfax's Outfits :)
Last edited by shadowfax on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Link to Shadowfax's Outfits

Post by Fred in Skirts »

shadowfax wrote:Thought that folks might find it helpful to have a link here to what happened next in my adventures in skirts? :wink:

I could not get the link to work.. :(
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
shadowfax wrote:Thought that folks might find it helpful to have a link here to what happened next in my adventures in skirts? :wink:

I could not get the link to work.. :(
That's odd. It works for me.
Please try this one - Shadowfax's Outfits then let me know whether it works.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

shadowfax wrote:That's odd. It works for me.
This is a problem with Fred's machine. I've contacted him privately on the matter.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

crfriend wrote:
shadowfax wrote:That's odd. It works for me.
This is a problem with Fred's machine. I've contacted him privately on the matter.
Thank you very much for your help. :)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have now viewed the link thanks to Carl for the help!!