Foot and Leg Wear, Socks, Stockings, Leggings, Tights, Etc.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Foot and Leg Wear, Socks, Stockings, Leggings, Tights, E

Post by lazerr »

Has anyone ever tried the "Body Glue" products that are supposed to keep socks and thigh highs up? I seem to have a bit of trouble due to my thighs being thin, or maybe no one can keep them up reasonably.

The only version that does stay up for me is Jomi Compression Thigh High

Body Glue
https://youtu.be/A85tboyC6yg
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

When I don't feel like wearing a hockey style garter belt to keep my thigh Highs up. I use a product called "It Stays" body adhesive. It work very well and it washes off very easily with soap and water. If you have very sensitive skin it may not be a good idea. Sock Dreams in Portland Oregon sells this product. It is also available from other sources on the Net.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I wonder if an elastic band like what is used for Flashes on kilt sox worn at or below the knee would work ?
You would want just enough to hold the hold-ups in place yet not enough to tourniquet the leg veins.
A wider band may be preferred for comfort and maximum contact.
With the sox as pictured with the wide band I think that would work well.
Does having hair down there increase or decrease the holding potential of hold-ups.
The prime solution is a full length garment - legging tights hosiery bypassing the critical holding area.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Grok wrote:I am thinking about knee sleeves for arthritis. Basically a tube that covers the knee, and the leg partly above and below the knee. I understand that they keep the knees warm.

Imagine a rig that includes skirt, knee sleeves, socks and shoes.
Sounds likes knee sleeves and Leg Warmers are about the same thing just usually worn in different parts of the leg.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

phathack wrote:
Grok wrote:I am thinking about knee sleeves for arthritis. Basically a tube that covers the knee, and the leg partly above and below the knee. I understand that they keep the knees warm.

Imagine a rig that includes skirt, knee sleeves, socks and shoes.
Sounds likes knee sleeves and Leg Warmers are about the same thing just usually worn in different parts of the leg.
Knee sleeves are designed to have a compressive effect to help relieve arthritis symptoms. Leg warmers don't usually have any compressive effect.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Why did the picture stop short of the interesting bit? Another inch or two ....
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.