Interesting Guy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting Guy

Post by JohnH »

Caultron wrote:
Mark as in Mark wrote:Since I started wearing kilts and skirts to medical appointments, I've had two different doctors offer me medication that promotes breast growth. So yes, I actually had to turn them down. It still seems unthinkable, but maybe not so much as before. I think it's the no-going-back that bothers me the most. A mastectomy would screw up my tattoos.
Breast development under estrogen is a slow process. It has taken me about 5 years to develop DD cup size, which is unusually large for a man. The skin is softer, body hair is much finer, the face takes on a more youthful and feminine appearance, and the sharp masculine smell is gone. My hair stylist has noticed new hair growth on my scalp. I have not noticed much loss at all of upper body strength. And above all I'm calmer and no longer suicidal. I shudder at the idea of getting a mastectomy - why would I want to mutilate my body?

The regimen does not raise the pitch of the voice. In my church choir there are two men of traditional masculine appearance, a tenor and a baritone. I look a bit like a woman but I'm a basso profundo.

I am a man who prefers masculine pronouns and goes by my name John.

Mark, I understand your desire not to take on a feminine name and socially transition to being a woman. I toyed with the idea but in the end rejected it. I am still on the estrogen regimen and will continue it. We just have to be true to our characters and not be boxed in by the expectations of society.

By the way Mark, I really like your sense of style. I agree you should not have to wear a wig or have fake boobs.

John
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Mark as in Mark wrote:Hi Daryl, Yeah, I wear a tie every day except on Friday. Doesn't bother me once I learned about 20 years ago to get the shirt neck size a little bit bigger. But yes, they are pretty much useless, except to act as a bib at times. I'm old and drool... :D
I call ties "gravy magnets". You can slop up a tie and it seems you can't clean the spots out of the tie, so it goes into the trash. It's one thing to wear a tie as an option but I think it is wrong to compel anybody to wear one. By the way I like to mess with people's minds from time to time by wearing a tie.

I have to get a slightly larger neck size so the shirt fits over my chest lumps.

John
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Wife and I went to a Thanksgiving dinner last night hosted by the local Porsche club. They (the club) will use any excuse to have a meeting so we can discuss Porsches and drink lots of beer. But this time they even had a turkey and a German version of cornbread dressing. Not so bad. We also decided last night that this will be a new annual event. :pint:

We had a lot of discussions about the end of the Porsche 919 Hybrid that had won Leman's, the World Championships (both driver's and manufacturers) the last 3 years. Last week was the last race for the 919 as Porsche has decided to focus their race efforts in other series. I was fortunate to see the 919 at several tracks over the last 4 years. Spa (3 times), Nurburgring (3 times), Lemans (2 times), Mexico (1), and Austin (2 times). I also have come to know personally several drivers and crew members on the Porsche team.

At the meeting, I am treated the same wearing a skirt as anyone wearing pants. As long as you're a Porsche fan or owner they really don't care what you wear. As long as it's not Ferrari related. :lol:
IMG_8895 Half.jpg
IMG_8899 Half.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mark as in Mark on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Mark as usual you look great.

Do you own or drive a porsche. Is it a stick. If it is how do you "heel and toe" with 4 inch stilettos :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do want to say that if we are ever able to have a national campaign you have my vote for poster boy.

I saw this blog when it first came on the cafe. than for some reason I have missed it. I went back to the original post and boy you can really carry off the mini and skater skirts.

And I have to admit there was one photo of you going down the stairs :roll: :roll:
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

I have a 1967 911 with a 2.2 liter S that will forever be a work in progress. My wife drives a fairly new Macan Turbo that doubles as our family car here in Germany. In Dallas, I have a Cayman S and the wife drives a Mercedes. So we are pretty much German automotive supporters. I have always had a Porsche of one make or the other since my dad gave me an old rusted out 356 to work on when I was 14 years old. The Cayman and the Macan are the only cars I have ever bought new. The 67 is by far my favorite but I do enjoy the AC when in Dallas.

Track days I wear racing booties. Driving in heels just isn't safe. I have done a few heel-toe while wearing some boots with a 3" block heel, however. :oops:
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:What I wore to the Thanksgiving Porsche Meeting. Yes, I can walk in 4" heels as well as most females.
Looking great as usual, Mark.

And I've found too that as long as you play it straight, confident, and friendly, people essentially everywhere will accept you. And of course a well-coordinated outfit helps too.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Mark you look great. I had been seeing you on my Pinterest feed but never took the step of reaching out.

Looking for any good robotics engineers? I am a professor of mechanical engineering at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver BC and we have some extremely bright graduates in your field.

Just look for the prof in the 3-inch heels... :)

Chris
jv88101

Post by jv88101 »

I really like your sense of style. Sometimes things look better on others than on ourselves.
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Went out Christmas shopping last night. Wife thought me being dressed in all black was a bit much for Xmas. :)

So today wearing something a bit more cheerful. Love my red and black! My other favorite combos are white/red and white/black.

And yes, that is a handbag. Where else can I carry my wallet, keys, and mobile?
IMG_8937 Half.jpg
IMG_8954 Half.jpg
IMG_8969 Half.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:Went out Christmas shopping last night. Wife thought me being dressed in all black was a bit much for Xmas...

...And yes, that is a handbag. Where else can I carry my wallet, keys, and mobile?
Looking great as always, Mark.

As to the bag, I often carry one as well. because if a skirt doesn't have usable pockets, what else are you going to do? And I've discovered it receives very little attention. I suppose the skirt and the heels provide sufficient distraction.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

indeed nice. Have you tried it with a rimmed hat?
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Gusto10 wrote:indeed nice. Have you tried it with a rimmed hat?

The ski hat is just to keep my bald head and ears warm. In the summer, I normally wear a ball cap to keep the sun from burning the top of my head.

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I'll give you my best comment it just looks normal
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:I'll give you my best comment it just looks normal
Indeed, exactly my reaction.
Daryl...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Mark as in Mark wrote:Went out Christmas shopping last night. Wife thought me being dressed in all black was a bit much for Xmas. :)

So today wearing something a bit more cheerful. Love my red and black! My other favorite combos are white/red and white/black.

And yes, that is a handbag. Where else can I carry my wallet, keys, and mobile?
IMG_8937 Half.jpg
IMG_8954 Half.jpg
IMG_8969 Half.jpg
Outstanding, and sensible outfits to keep warm in. Well done, my friend! As for the handbag, that’s a smart decision. I carry handbags all the time on my outings, heck, I never leave the house without one. If anything, I don’t feel fully dressed without a purse.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.