Interesting Guy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Lions Color Rush?

Post by JeffB1959 »

Mark as in Mark wrote:Ok. Now the Lions have adopted my look!
636490557343508040-lions-121617-kd-13-2.jpg
IMG_9200 half.jpg
IMG_9154.jpg
Well, you know what they say: imitation is the most sincere form of flattery! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Yours is better.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting Guy

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:...Which is exactly why I call mine a purse; not that I want to be considered effeminate but because I refuse to affirm the validity of the fear of being considered effeminate, especially over gendered word associations.
Such are the quirks of language and society, eh?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Caultron wrote:
Daryl wrote:...Which is exactly why I call mine a purse; not that I want to be considered effeminate but because I refuse to affirm the validity of the fear of being considered effeminate, especially over gendered word associations.
Such are the quirks of language and society, eh?
I'd call them mere quirks if people didn't take them so seriously, really to the point of hurting each other with them.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Well, except the limited stride. Which brings me to a question I'm pondering as I make some pencil skirts...

I'm quite a bit larger than you so when I make a pencil skirt that is basically the same circumference all the way down, it still allows me quite a bit of stride. That stride must be quite a bit smaller on a man of your diminutive girth. :wink: It would be even less if the skirt is tapered to be narrower at the hem, and the kick pleat would not fully compenstate for that. My question is, how do you deal with being thusly constrained? Is it a challenge at all? Is it the case that you take shorter steps anyway in heels, so the skirt is less of a factor? What's it like going up and down stairs in one of your pencil skirts?

I ask mostly because I want to generalise my design for others to use, including skinny guys like you. Even for me the constraint is enough that I cannot take two steps at once, so it's a real design consideration.
Daryl...
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Daryl wrote: How do you deal with being thusly constrained? Is it a challenge at all? Is it the case that you take shorter steps anyway in heels, so the skirt is less of a factor? What's it like going up and down stairs in one of your pencil skirts?
I have 12 pencil skirts. :oops: All of them are tapered instead of just hanging straight. Of the 12, 8 have some stretch to them. The other 4, do have a higher kick pleat. I also have to take shorter steps when wearing heels, and so, the skirt around the knees is a gentle reminder to do so. I enjoy the restraint for some reason. The skirts have a tendency to ride up the thigh when going up the stairs, so when at the top I have to readjust slightly. No problem at least with the skirt f=going down the stairs.
Daryl wrote: I ask mostly because I want to generalize my design for others to use, including skinny guys like you. Even for me, the constraint is enough that I cannot take two steps at once, so it's a real design consideration.
I always thought it was "one step at a time"... :D
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Mark as in Mark wrote:
Daryl wrote: How do you deal with being thusly constrained? Is it a challenge at all? Is it the case that you take shorter steps anyway in heels, so the skirt is less of a factor? What's it like going up and down stairs in one of your pencil skirts?
I have 12 pencil skirts. :oops: All of them are tapered instead of just hanging straight. Of the 12, 8 have some stretch to them. The other 4, do have a higher kick pleat. I also have to take shorter steps when wearing heels, and so, the skirt around the knees is a gentle reminder to do so. I enjoy the restraint for some reason. The skirts have a tendency to ride up the thigh when going up the stairs, so when at the top I have to readjust slightly. No problem at least with the skirt f=going down the stairs.
Daryl wrote: I ask mostly because I want to generalize my design for others to use, including skinny guys like you. Even for me, the constraint is enough that I cannot take two steps at once, so it's a real design consideration.
:lol:

You look great in those pencil skirts, I've always preferred the tight sexy ones too. It's good training for me to keep knees together, but a decent rear vent compensates for a tight skirt and shows off one's legs :wink: I like your Pinterest collection too :)
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I also have to take shorter steps when wearing heels, and so, the skirt around the knees is a gentle reminder to do so. I enjoy the restraint for some reason.
That's something I never appreciated until I tried it. My thawb constrains my legs too, and lungi (of which I have 4) tend to as well, depending on how you wrap them. (In what I call "Varanasi style", they do not, but in the simpler way I call "everywhere else style", they can.) That constraint means that to sit with your legs together or at least not flopping wide, you do not need to use your muscles, and that is quite relaxing. Circumstantially-imposed bodily mindfulness has a subtle and positive mental effect, I am convinced. Then of course there's the added bonus that when your wife wants you, she's probably going to be able to catch you. :)
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Mark as in Mark wrote:
Daryl wrote:I ask mostly because I want to generalize my design for others to use, including skinny guys like you. Even for me, the constraint is enough that I cannot take two steps at once, so it's a real design consideration.
Stairs dude, stairs.

Sheesh, tough crowd... :D
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

kilty wrote:You look great in those pencil skirts, I've always preferred the tight sexy ones too. It's good training for me to keep knees together
Yeah, like training wheels for guys. Of course, real men can keep their knees together with no trouble even in a poodle skirt...whilst eating quiche even...
Daryl...
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Daryl wrote:
kilty wrote:You look great in those pencil skirts, I've always preferred the tight sexy ones too. It's good training for me to keep knees together
Yeah, like training wheels for guys. Of course, real men can keep their knees together with no trouble even in a poodle skirt...whilst eating quiche even...
I don't know about that. Quiche upsets my tummy and gives me bloating :oops:
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

kilty wrote:
Daryl wrote:
I don't know about that. Quiche upsets my tummy and gives me bloating :oops:
A skirt is better for that, too! :o
Daryl...
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Wife and I flew back to Germany this morning after spending a few days with friends and family in Dallas. We also flew from DFW to the Birmingham Bowl on Friday to watch Saturday's game and returning back to Dallas Sunday morning. It took me about an hour to pack (the wife did take a few minutes longer.. :D ) while trying to decide what to wear for the trip. This is what I decided to wear on the plane Friday from DFW to Birmingham and also to the party we were going to that night. I ended up just wearing a black and red polo with the skirt instead. I thought the jersey was just too feminine says the guy wearing a skirt and high heels. :lol:
IMG_9440 Reduced.jpg
Back home in Germany now and thought I would post a few more pictures before we took down our tree. I hope everyone here at Skirtcafe had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year brings more skirting for everyone!!!
IMG_9489.jpg
IMG_9499 Reduced.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:...I thought the jersey was just too feminine says the guy wearing a skirt and high heels...
LOL!

(That was a joke, right? Or was the jersey cut small in a woman's size, or is it from a woman's team, or something?)

I go to hockey games all the time in a team jersey, utility kilt, tights, and heels, and I never thought the jersey looked feminine. The kilt and the shoes get a few looks that way, especially in the men's room, but oh well.

In any event, great looks as always, Mark.

I take it nothing of consequence occurred in the airports, the plane, the game, or the party in Birmingham, eh? I always enjoy watching other people out of the corner of my eye in the waiting area and in the seat next to me on the plane.

caultron
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mark,
I've looked up Germany and Dallas on the round-Earthers' globe-thing and they are nowhere near each other. All I can say is that yourself and the missus must put in a serious amount of air miles.

Of the latest batch the domestic one appeals and the red-grey-red sparkles almost like the tree.

This car-flogging business must pay very well. Way back in the heady Seventies we had a near neighbour in Hampshire (England!) who was in the business of importing American Jeeps into Britain. He used fly Concorde regularly and before they ceased to fly he had had dozens of trips faster than sound. That of course is no longer an option, but Just you wait a few years and the new Boom SST will fly. :D :) :idea:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !