Strange looks

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Strange looks

Post by SkirtsDad »

Yesterday I walking into a not so liberal pub wearing a skirt, just after a football match, and could see quite a lot of people staring and a few others pointing me out to their mates, yet there was a guy wandering round in a fancy dress Elvis outfit and no-one batted an eyelid!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Strange looks

Post by Fred in Skirts »

SkirtsDad wrote:Yesterday I walking into a not so liberal pub wearing a skirt, just after a football match, and could see quite a lot of people staring and a few others pointing me out to their mates, yet there was a guy wandering round in a fancy dress Elvis outfit and no-one batted an eyelid!
Of course not it was Elvis don't ya know!! :king:
There is no accounting for the workings of the minds of people, they are as fickle as they are different. I do not worry any more as long as there is no signs of actual hostility directed at me. Let them point and laugh or sneer it does not bother me anymore. I am who I am. No one can change that. Just as you are who you are so the sands of time will flow.
Oh crap here I go getting weird..... :jocolor:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

Could it be moody home supporters after losing to Man United? :mrgreen:

Post a pic of your outfit, I'm sure it was fine 8)
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

"Oh my GOSH!"

Heard yesterday while leaving a local Fish Fry and a couple pounds of Green River style fish (finest fish in town). Wearing khaki skirt with 4-button fly and brown leather belt under a tshirt. As usual, the place was crowded and I was unable to spot the source. And, of course, it may have been unrelated.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I think we get so accustomed to our choice in attire that odd comments throw us off. It comes so natural to us, we can not fathom why people get such a tick about it. But we must remember, most people aren't as cool as us! 8)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

moonshadow wrote:I think we get so accustomed to our choice in attire that odd comments throw us off. It comes so natural to us, we can not fathom why people get such a tick about it. But we must remember, most people aren't as cool as us! 8)
The trick is to get accustomed to odd comments and then find them amusing.

Rock on.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Darryl wrote:"Oh my GOSH!"

Heard yesterday while leaving a local Fish Fry and a couple pounds of Green River style fish (finest fish in town). Wearing khaki skirt with 4-button fly and brown leather belt under a tshirt. As usual, the place was crowded and I was unable to spot the source. And, of course, it may have been unrelated.
Probably someone reading the pricelist.
moonshadow wrote:But we must remember, most people aren't as cool as us!
In every sense of the word
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia