If you like it, wear it....

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Re: If you like it, wear it....

Post by hoborob »

Almost exactly what I have been saying myself crfriend. As long as we go about our daily business as if nothing is wrong and continue to present ourselves as reasonable people the idea that men can wear whatever they like will grow. Eventually it will reach a tipping point where others will push back but by then the idea will be there and those that push back will become the oppressors and the ones that demand the freedom to be themselves will then inevitably come out on top. Jus be yourself and do not "Push" and you will see it come to pass. Remember that when water encounters a dam it does not push it just accumulates until it overflows and then the dam crumbles under the ensuing onslaught. We can be very calm and keep at it and we will come out on top in the end.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, I worked for an IT support team for a while supporting a mainframe from a company called Sequoia. This was a time before ITIL and all the regimentation of what that entails. In order to keep the mainframe running we would go in as a team, diagnose, fix it and document later. We even had baseball caps with JFDI on the front. I think that you can guess what the F stood for. I still have my cap.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sounds like fun times, Dennis. I've worked in every aspect of "IT" (sometimes prefixed with an "M", sometimes with "SH") from bare-iron hardware repair using 'scopes and soldering-irons to networking, programming, and systems administration (where i m now because it gives me very broad latitude). So, "JFDI" resonates with me broadly. Back in the days when I was doing hardware in a field engineering setting the customers were all of the (to crib the line from Tim Gunn), "Make it work" mentality, and that's what I excelled at, frequently getting called in on the toughest of jobs that stumped others. Fun and heady days for a kid in his 20s!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, yes now that I look back on those times they were, let's be diplomatic, hairy. I worked for a 24/7/365 telephone turned internot bank running a mainframe which ran PICK on top of UNIX and the team that I was in worked at the system level so was very much involved in installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and it was mostly very high intensity.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.